The Food & Drink Thread

Made some saag paneer the other day...still dreaming about it. Will get some photos posted up next time, I promise you it will be a thing of beauty. :D

Did I just read saag...you desi? I don't think I've never heard anyone saying saag unless they're desi or something.

We're gonna go get some Turkish food tonight, wife loves their Lamb chops and beyti kebobs, they also make this amazing bread and it tastes delicious with hummus

We're gonna go get some Turkish food tonight, wife loves their Lamb chops and beyti kebobs, they also make this amazing bread and it tastes delicious with hummus

That sounds good.

Trying to get my *** back on the low carb train. Supper is two brats and some veggie soup I made the other night.

If any are ever in the Nashville are you gotta hit this place up. There used to be a bunch of them around the South but they franchised too fast and didn't keep enough control over it all; locations were cutting corners and not fulfilling the Uncle bud's promise of great food and great service. Now there is a single location (different ownership of the franchise now) and it has gone back to the original game plan. They will be expanding but are going to take it slow and do it right. Check out their site for menus. You won't be sorry.

Uncle Bud's Catfish, Chicken & Such

This video is a couple of years old so it was filmed in the Hendersonville location (that no longer exists). The food will be the same, however. Everything comes with "fixin's" which is hushpuppies (some of the best you will eat), white beans, and cole slaw; you can have sliced onions and dill pickle spears if you ask as well. The fixin's are all you can eat, which means they keep bringing them as long as you want them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvpm_WK5waw

I know how this mite sound to some people but meh.

Theirs this advert on TV at the minute for an online takeaway ordering service so the two Gyes think having curry for breakfast is walking on the wild side or looking at them; middle aged 40 year old dudes it could be the rambunctious side.

So its 03.25 AM in the U.K now well **** am hungry so am just busy making a home made curry. Should take a couple of hours.

I'll post a picture when its done. I'd be curious how many people are up at this moment in time let alone making curry for breakfast dinner and tea at 03.25 .

Kuey Teow with egg sauce :D mmmmMMMMMMM
KpRzZL1.jpg

Just about to put this in the oven.

Happy days.

EDIT: I've just drained the juices & fats & excess water out the pan in the Oven & added chicken granuels to the stock with a touch of boiling water. Omgg its pure heaven. The juices off the chicken with the salt to enhance the flavour.

The gravy actually looks like gravy. Light tan brown. Thick & well mixed with no lumps.

Attachments

• 20170414_001151.jpg
    20170414_001151.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170414_001134.jpg
    20170414_001134.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Gonna do a Chicken Curry later. Gonna do a Tika Masalla. Just finished prepping the Veg and got the Chicken defrosting on the bench.

If I remember I'll take some Photos.

we just had chicken tikka masala and lamb bhiryani for lunch today while wfh, probably gonna eat the leftovers for dinner tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom