The Food & Drink Thread

My co worker had Lutefisk this weekend.
I had never heard of it until she mentioned it, I guess it's a Norwegian thing.
Any of you guys try it?

Tried a place called "Lord Of The Fries" for lunch today. It doesn't use any real meat, but I had a bite of a mate's burger a week back and it actually tasted pretty good.
Turns out that's because I was drunk as **** :p today's lunch was about the worst 'food' I've ever spent money on. The fakin' bacon especially looked and tasted like a cross section of brain matter taken from road kill that'd been aging for a few days. The fries were soggy, greasy, dirty, urgh. I'd give it 1/10, only reason it's not 0/10 was because it *technically* was still edible :grin:

My co worker had Lutefisk this weekend.
I had never heard of it until she mentioned it, I guess it's a Norwegian thing.
Any of you guys try it?

Yes actually, definitely not my thing :p the texture is too weird. I much prefer rollmops if I had to stick with something fishy and preserved.

Satay Chicken, Fried Rice, + Beer in the nature reserve at sunset. Aww yeaaah.
QO0XAz8.jpg

No pics but I went out with my wife to Huck Finn's Catfish in Pigeon Forge, TN. Every entrée comes with white beans cooked with turkey ham, cole slaw, hush puppies, and pickles and onions ;they bring bowls of each to the table and bring more if/when you want more. I had the Rocky Top Boom Boom Chicken (chicken strips tossed in a tangy, spicy sauce) and fries. My wife had the half-pound of popcorn shrimp with fries. There was no room for desert.

Recently went to the supermarket and spent like £110 on Meat. I love Meat and I'm a big eater of it. Yesterday I just finished up eating after cooking it for 12 hours in the slow cooker a pork shoulder joint with gravy and dumplings.

I filled my freezer with like 28 day slow matured top side beef, gammon joints and chicken, pork belly and sausages with a few other things. Ended spilling over in too my fridge and having to eat a load of stuff as I had bought too much.

Sorry no pics but last nite I had sausages and a few other things I had too cook or they'd went out of date.

Over the last 4 too 5 months I have been experimenting with my slow cooker. Some things have turned out great and somethings have turned out stinking and you just wouldn't eat them such as the home made soup made with minced fresh beef and gravy. Slow cooked chicken to the point it just flakes and the bones just crumble. I mean I have seriously come out with some rotten stuff in that slow cooker.

As for now I've decided to have Lancashire Sausages just cooked at 180 in the oven for 20 minutes turning after 10 minutes.

The best thing I've cooked by far would be the slow cooked beef with a cup of water after being matured for 28 days or at least thats what it said in the supermarket self.

I'm gonna give Soul credit and say you should never cook Chicken in a slow cooker but I listen no I just went a head and tried it any how and I've ruined two chickens 4 legs and a packet of Wings.

I'm still learning.

:confused:

Over the last 4 too 5 months I have been experimenting with my slow cooker. Some things have turned out great and somethings have turned out stinking and you just wouldn't eat them such as the home made soup made with minced fresh beef and gravy. Slow cooked chicken to the point it just flakes and the bones just crumble. I mean I have seriously come out with some rotten stuff in that slow cooker.

As for now I've decided to have Lancashire Sausages just cooked at 180 in the oven for 20 minutes turning after 10 minutes.

The best thing I've cooked by far would be the slow cooked beef with a cup of water after being matured for 28 days or at least thats what it said in the supermarket self.

I'm gonna give Soul credit and say you should never cook Chicken in a slow cooker but I listen no I just went a head and tried it any how and I've ruined two chickens 4 legs and a packet of Wings.

I'm still learning.

:confused:

Okay so hangon...

1) Chicken is fine in the slow cooker, so long as you don't do it too long ! or yeah, it goes mushy

2) You cooked a piece of beef in water in a slowcooker ? that doesn't sound so good :p should do it in some beef stock with chopped onions and red wine vinegar or something.

3) Ribs man. Ribs. slow cook some ribs in BBQ sauce (tesco do full bottles for 89p). If you don't want a super intense bbq taste, just do it about 1/4 bbq, 2/4 tomato passata, 1/4 red wine vinegar. It'll be runnier too, so after you take them out you can slather on some sauce and put them in the oven to thicken the sauce and add a bit of texture.

Okay so hangon...

1) Chicken is fine in the slow cooker, so long as you don't do it too long ! or yeah, it goes mushy

2) You cooked a piece of beef in water in a slowcooker ? that doesn't sound so good :p should do it in some beef stock with chopped onions and red wine vinegar or something.

3) Ribs man. Ribs. slow cook some ribs in BBQ sauce (tesco do full bottles for 89p). If you don't want a super intense bbq taste, just do it about 1/4 bbq, 2/4 tomato passata, 1/4 red wine vinegar. It'll be runnier too, so after you take them out you can slather on some sauce and put them in the oven to thicken the sauce and add a bit of texture.

Yeah if you leave the Chicken in their too long it will go mushy. When I first started out I was boiling a kettle and filling it to the top.

I normally just put water in with any meat like pork shoulder and let it go for a minimum of 7 too 8 hours especially if its fresh joints of meat to completely break down the meat like the beef.

The water and fats and juices that come off the fresh meat I have cooked over the lasts months or so is unreal. The pot as in the Pyrex dish just fills up and up and up. I normally drain the water and all the liquids out the slow cooker pot and make gravy especially if its Pork Shoulder of Beef because the water breaks it down.

I dont think you can use a slow cooker with out water because you have, "Low" , "High" , "Warm" and "Off" on the settings and when you heat the pot up the pot comes out and is washable. The actual metal cooker just heats up the Pyrex dish.

Am I missing something.

Back
Top Bottom