The Food & Drink Thread

^All your images are coming up as blocked for me
I usually do half racks of ribs in a slow cooker rubbed with a mix of salt, smokey paprika and cumin, cook for 6-7 hours.

Then make a marinade of brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, bbq sauce, tomato sauce, smokey paprika, cumin, lil bit of garlic. Take ribs out, get coal fire hot as **** and ready, then baste ribs in marinade and cook over the coals turning like once every 45 seconds so they don't burn.

Caramalises down to some thick sticky *** ribs that nearly fall off the bone when you pick em up. Damnit now ya got me wanting ribs :p

Ever thought about smoking ribs, or meat in general? Awesome results and well worth the time investment (no such thing as a fast smoking). I don't have a smoker and can't get one as my wife is not a fan of smoked meat (how she's not I have no idea). Smoking a pork shoulder low and slow gives it a taste beyond belief and the same goes for ribs. Add in some brisket and oh man.

EDIT: no pics for me, either.

I have thought about that yeah :p love me some smoked foods. I've seen a few smokers made out of old filing cabinets, was going to take a crack at one of those whenever I end up getting my own place again

Today is my wife's birthday so I told her I would make her whatever she wanted. The menu ended up being meatloaf, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green beans, cornbread, and a strawberry cobbler. Darn tasty even if I did make it.

Dont have the space or weather for a smoker :( but i'd love one.

Think the images are blocked as I was posting them from my Google Photos account, probably showing for me because i'm logged into my acc. Whoops.

Last edited:
These seem to keep getting better every time I order them <3 friggin buffalo hot wings.

Attachments

• IMG_20161021_115909.jpg
    IMG_20161021_115909.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2
So yesterday I cut up a pork shoulder and cooked in the crock pot, made a balsamic pork roast out of it. I take a little taste to my wife and mother and BOTH of them looked at me and asked, "So, are you going to make BBQ out of it?"

It did make some really good pulled pork, but that's not what I was making. I guess no one appreciates finer things around here...

Back
Top Bottom