The Food & Drink Thread

Re: What You've just eaten thread....

White rice and peas for the past sixth **** day in a row.
Yes, I am being quite serious about this, I have not had a decent meal to eat since last friday, because the grocerys are now gone.
Paid for it dearly at 11pm when my blood sugar dropped, the only thing I was wanting was semi sweet tea and something decent.
My mother thought I was having a heart attack, when she heard me scrambling to eat something at 12am at night.

You know at some point in my life i think i am going to have to pay you a visit so you can take me on a tour of americas best food. Some of the stuff i hear/see you eat looks awesome. Although i am only really interested in meat and sugary food. I can get all the healthy crap in the UK.

I don't know about America's best but I can definitely show you SE Tennessee's best, mate. ;)

Heck, I'd even cook up some of me specialties for you, or just have you hang out at some family get-togethers. Before you left you would develop a taste for the South's version of gravy and biscuits, that's for sure. And we would have to sniff out some really good barbecue joints.

No Bob Evans around here, but the Cracker Barrel would be a good place to start. Or, as my cousin's husband called it, "The Cracked Barrel." He loved it so much he took their wedding party out there. Imagine the looks on the servers faces when most of the New York Jets come walking through the doors. :p And, yes, they had their game day appetites with them.

cracker barrel is where old people eat LOL. I never seen anyone under 50 there when I walked in to use the john. bob evans has a slightly younger demographic LOL. I got 3 within driveable here. there everywhere round my neck of the woods LOL. last time I ate there I puked off the balcony like a drunk person, instead of tequilla it was pork chops being hurled off the balcony... just like a wild west scene!

I don't know about America's best but I can definitely show you SE Tennessee's best, mate. ;)

Heck, I'd even cook up some of me specialties for you, or just have you hang out at some family get-togethers. Before you left you would develop a taste for the South's version of gravy and biscuits, that's for sure. And we would have to sniff out some really good barbecue joints.

Sounds like a plan, i heard all the good food was in the south anyway. :wink:

I just finished off the BBQ Pork Ribs from last night for breakfast.. It was delightful :D

Back
Top Bottom