The Food & Drink Thread

Re: What You've just eaten thread....

ihateveggies.png

I want MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but gotta wait 2 hours till the stuff's done.... don't know my hubby gonna suprise me with something good. I smell ham though I think it's ham cooking mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Haha, i hate veg. The first thing i do when i get chinese is seperate out all the meat from the veg :p

Just eating a Goodfellas Meat Feast Pizza. SO **** TASTY !!

No exercise, AND you still pick out your veggies? Lol, england representin!

Had a few mandarins on the way to the bus stop, our trees are so full they're just dropping off all over the ground. Got a chicken+salad roll for lunch, extra salt/pepper/chilli/mayo ftw

No exercise, AND you still pick out your veggies? Lol, england representin!

Had a few mandarins on the way to the bus stop, our trees are so full they're just dropping off all over the ground. Got a chicken+salad roll for lunch, extra salt/pepper/chilli/mayo ftw

Heh. It's actually really embarressing. I don't know anyone else that doesn't like veg, i REALLY wish i could hack the stuff.

I'm not just being stupid, i actually really do hate veg. It makes me feel sick. I can't help it. I've tried it on several occasions through the years with no success. I can handle sweetcorn and peas in egg fried rice, onions in food (if soft) etc. Pepper i can hack too.. and tomato in sauce.

BUT! give me a serving of peas/broccoli/carrot/brussels and all the other stuff on its own and its a big no no :p I make up for it with my fruit intake. I've never had a fruit i don't like, and eat plenty of it. Blueberry muffins and chocolate coated raisans aplenty :D

^Which isn't as healthy as you'd think lol. Eating more fruit doesn't make up for not eating veg, in fact it's bad. Fruit is usually packed full of fructose, hence the general sweetness, whereas veggies don't have much at all. Instead they've got vitamins, carbs, etc. Which is why most 'healthy eat' pyramids usually say 2 serves of fruit but 5 serves of veg.

^Which isn't as healthy as you'd think lol. Eating more fruit doesn't make up for not eating veg, in fact it's bad. Fruit is usually packed full of fructose, hence the general sweetness, whereas veggies don't have much at all. Instead they've got vitamins, carbs, etc. Which is why most 'healthy eat' pyramids usually say 2 serves of fruit but 5 serves of veg.

Well i'm very rarely ill, have good skin, good eye sight, good gums.

Having no veggies did me zero harm so go figure that one... it confuses me too. I think i probably eat more veg than i realise during other meals, such as Curry which is full of onions/tomatoes/chilli etc.

Anyway, the day people decided Fruit is also unhealthy i lost all faith. Potato isn't healthy, cereal isnt healthy, bread isnt healthy, nuts arn't healthy, fruit isn't healthy, rice isn't healthy.. seriously these scientists need a reality check. I mean ****, people have been eating these things as core parts of there diets for hundreds and even thousands of years - it's FINE.

Didn't say eating fruit was unhealthy dude, I said eating more to compensate for no veg is unhealthy. Eating piles of sugar will make you fat *unless* you exercise enough to burn it up. Fruits contain lotsa sugar. Seeing as you've told me you don't do much exercise (apart from walking to school IIRC?) then it's logical to assume you'll end up being overweight. Lawyered!

edit: to put it another way, you could eat 5 small heads of broccoli every day and not get fat. Eat 5 small peaches every day and you're likely to start gaining weight, especially if the rest of your diet includes a lot of sugar too (which, in todays production processes, nearly everything does lol).

*note, I'm not a health nut nor do I really monitor what I eat. I don't eat biscuits/icecream/chips much because I prefer a steak or two :p and if I notice something is having an adverse effect on my health I'll stop. E.g. my beer drinking habits, I used to be at a bar at least once or twice a week last year (and nitestick will back me up there :p) and have a few at home on the days when I didn't go. Result was I started getting pretty chubby around me waist lol, so I stopped drinking at home as much and pretty much stopped going to bars altogether. Now I'm more in shape again, I've returned to le bars but usually it'll only be once every week or two. Moderation and all that jazz..

Didn't say eating fruit was unhealthy dude, I said eating more to compensate for no veg is unhealthy. Eating piles of sugar will make you fat *unless* you exercise enough to burn it up. Fruits contain lotsa sugar. Seeing as you've told me you don't do much exercise (apart from walking to school IIRC?) then it's logical to assume you'll end up being overweight. Lawyered!

edit: to put it another way, you could eat 5 small heads of broccoli every day and not get fat. Eat 5 small peaches every day and you're likely to start gaining weight, especially if the rest of your diet includes a lot of sugar too (which, in todays production processes, nearly everything does lol).

*note, I'm not a health nut nor do I really monitor what I eat. I don't eat biscuits/icecream/chips much because I prefer a steak or two :p and if I notice something is having an adverse effect on my health I'll stop. E.g. my beer drinking habits, I used to be at a bar at least once or twice a week last year (and nitestick will back me up there :p) and have a few at home on the days when I didn't go. Result was I started getting pretty chubby around me waist lol, so I stopped drinking at home as much and pretty much stopped going to bars altogether. Now I'm more in shape again, I've returned to le bars but usually it'll only be once every week or two. Moderation and all that jazz..

End up ? I lol !

I'm 6ft 3 and weigh.. 233pounds. Thats a BMI of 29, i'm well into that overweight category ;) To be fair, i've had 4 months off doing nothing what so ever, i've definitely put on 20 pounds or so. Not that it means i was a healthy weight before.. heh.

Anyway my point wasn't that i have a healthy diet, because i certainly don't, but that not eating veg does not necessarily result in vitamin deficiencies. Like i said, apart from being overweight from my excessive junk food diet (its really really bad, i should probably be much heavier than i am), my health is absolutely fine.

Your way to stay healthy is better than mine. Mine is just simple, eat what i want, and when i suddenly decide one day i've got too big like around now, i go on a 1500calorie crash diet. The last time i did it, it dropped me atleast 5lbs a week and got down to 195pounds. So i'll be doing that again very shortly, no doubt by the time i head to Uni.

Was it you who mentioned something about ****ed up sleep and feeling tired and horrible? Jus' sayin' :grin:

Just ate a burger. Pulled out the stem bits of lettuce coz I'm hardcore.

Was it you who mentioned something about ****ed up sleep and feeling tired and horrible? Jus' sayin' :grin:

Just ate a burger. Pulled out the stem bits of lettuce coz I'm hardcore.

LOL yeah thats me alrite. Plenty of my [healthy] friends have the same problem, so its not my diet. People say eating crap gives you no energy, i think the opposite, i have plenty of energy once i'm up and awake.

Anyway i'm still up at 8:30am, so i decided THIS IS THE DAY, where i break my horrendous sleep cycle. I got up at 2pm today(well, yesterday technically, but today asin 'my waking day'), and intend to get to bed at 2am tonight, so i will be missing a sleep cycle and staying up for 36hours.

Not been up this early in months! just went to Tesco, got 12x RedBull (tesco's version though) for £4.98, that'll keep me up for the day if i need it. Though sofar i feel perfectly fine.

End up ? I lol !

I'm 6ft 3 and weigh.. 233pounds. Thats a BMI of 29, i'm well into that overweight category ;) To be fair, i've had 4 months off doing nothing what so ever, i've definitely put on 20 pounds or so. Not that it means i was a healthy weight before.. heh.

Anyway my point wasn't that i have a healthy diet, because i certainly don't, but that not eating veg does not necessarily result in vitamin deficiencies. Like i said, apart from being overweight from my excessive junk food diet (its really really bad, i should probably be much heavier than i am), my health is absolutely fine.

Your way to stay healthy is better than mine. Mine is just simple, eat what i want, and when i suddenly decide one day i've got too big like around now, i go on a 1500calorie crash diet. The last time i did it, it dropped me atleast 5lbs a week and got down to 195pounds. So i'll be doing that again very shortly, no doubt by the time i head to Uni.

With all jokes aside and no funny comments, but you don't seem nearly overweight by your specs man.
I weigh in about 265lbs last week and 6feet tall, yet I am still built up like a mini body builder above my torso.
Many other people say, I am just Mini Mike from last summer. :\
To be honest overweight is when you hit past 290lb's, by then you should look into your health for sure.
Have a medical staff check your cholestrol aint nothing funny about feeling chest pain, I troll you not! :angry:

Back
Top Bottom