The Food & Drink Thread

Re: What You've just eaten thread....

Just ate some wild strawberries picked about 5 miles from here in a small forest. They are much smaller than domesticated ones that are grown in farms. But wow, they taste absolutely incredible. If you can get farm grown local strawberries they taste great (the sooner they can get to your local super market, the fresher they are and the less they have to treat them, so the nicer they are). But wild strawberries are on a totally different level. I have a real sweat tooth and love my sugary foods, but man, i would choose them over chocolate any day. The best thing is the packet said 22Kcal per 100grams.. w0000t !

If anybody here lives somewhere where they can't grow them locally due to the climate, you are missing out so much. There are strawberries all year round from Spain etc over here, but they've travelled so far and been treated so much they just taste of water. If you ever get the chance to try really local wild strawberries, do it :thumbsup:

That's where we get ours from a big local farm... pick all you want for a few bucks.... You can even eat all yah want while you're picking.

There is more science to it than you think. Read this: Bodybuilding.com - Bulking For Endomorphs - Gaining Muscle While Limiting Fat Gains.

That is for a hyper caloric diet, but you're going to want to do the exact same thing but with lower calorie amounts.

Thanks for the link. Definitely some good info on there and I will be putting it to use.

Just ate some wild strawberries picked about 5 miles from here in a small forest. They are much smaller than domesticated ones that are grown in farms. But wow, they taste absolutely incredible. If you can get farm grown local strawberries they taste great (the sooner they can get to your local super market, the fresher they are and the less they have to treat them, so the nicer they are). But wild strawberries are on a totally different level. I have a real sweat tooth and love my sugary foods, but man, i would choose them over chocolate any day. The best thing is the packet said 22Kcal per 100grams.. w0000t !

If anybody here lives somewhere where they can't grow them locally due to the climate, you are missing out so much. There are strawberries all year round from Spain etc over here, but they've travelled so far and been treated so much they just taste of water. If you ever get the chance to try really local wild strawberries, do it :thumbsup:

The Strawberry Festival just wrapped up around here (Dayton, TN). The local berry farm there (Tidwell's) furnishes all the berries for the festival and then some. Their strawberries are awesome. My wife and her mom put up 75 pints of strawberry jam and froze several quarts of them already.

My wife and I plan on terracing a small bank beside our house and planting strawberries in them. It will probably be a fall project.

That's awesome. Now I've got some indoor growing stuff I reckon I'm gonna try growing some meself. Stawberries cost an arm and a leg over here, usually still taste good though.

Ate a Lasagna for dinner. Tried cooking it a little different this time, cut some eggplant into really really thin slices, salted it for half an hour (remove le moisture), then chucked it in a hot pan with some oil until it was crispy, cut it up into little squares after that. Mixed that with some cut chilli from the garden and some beef mince and onions/garlic for the filling. Lotsa cheese over the top with a little salt mixed in (not in big chunks/clumps though). Tasted awesome :D

a dare.... got 75 bucks collectively from 15 people in 7th grade. I hated the principal as well so it was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom