folding at home questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
ok, need to know some stuff about folding at home, some people have told me some things but im not sure which to go with and stuff so here are my questions, im not sure if this is the right section for this so if it is not then please move it mods.

Q1: I am going to be folding with a overclocked (probably to 3.6) q6600 and a 9600gt, which client would give me the best results? and can u link me to a download of it?

Q2: what client would be best for a laptop with just nvidea 6150 and a 1.7ghz cpu? (and 3gb's ram if that matters)

Q3: I seen in a thread about the sig folding at home boxes (the ones that tell you the information of tech forums and your folding) but i can not find it anymore, can u link me to that thread or tell me how to do it?

Thanks, i appreciate any help :)

You can run smp and the gpu client at the same time, you should have posted in here or sent me a pm:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f4/folding-home-f-h-nvidia-ati-gpus-now-supported-181237/

Only client you can run on that laptop is the standard client if its a single core, and smp if its a dual core.

Q6600 at 3.6ghz running smp and a 9600GT stock should give you about 6000ppd,
if you run these two clients 24/7 after a month you will be in the top 10.

Also, if you oc the 9600gt (core and shader, memory has little effect) then you can get even more ppd.

I just started folding for tech forums 2 weeks ago, and am already ranked number 7
with over 200,000 points.

^thanks rican,

is it just smp, any specific version or anything? Also the laptop is a dual core, and the 9600gt is already oced pretty good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom