Folding at home question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
I always been using tech forums as a team, but now I been having bad luck with mods, and I am thinking of switching teams.

Anyone know if I change team will my points start all over?

Thanks.

If you break the rules, and the Mods enforce them, thats not bad luck with the mods..

And you can't move the points, just change your team # to someone else

I did not break any rule, but its ok....

Dont want to argue. lets just leave it there.

But thanks for your quick reply, phew, glad I dont have to earn many points just for switching teams.

So you want to switch teams just because of this? Wow... thats really quite unlogical, but its really up to you

Points are not transferable from team to team, but they will show up under your user stats.

And switching to another team because a mod enforced a rule of the forums is not a valid reason to switch, but its your choice so suit yourself.

I dont fold for tech forums myself, since im dueling it out with someone on another team. I may start later on though...

im bored at work maybe someone can pm the reasoning behind this switch?
(i dont fold os i oculd care less what team your for lol)

I did not break any rule, but its ok....

Dont want to argue. lets just leave it there.

But thanks for your quick reply, phew, glad I dont have to earn many points just for switching teams.

Hello,

Hate to break it to you but you did. This was discussed among us and we all agreed with the actions taken. You may think you didnt but if you read the rules, you clearly did. Sorry but we have to enforce the rules for EVERYONE, not exclude someone cause they dont think they did something wrong. If we did that then no one would be inviolation of any rules cause we would not have them.

As Rican said your points do not go with. I have folded for 3 teams. They are all listed on my F@H Stats page. TF is my main one i fold for now and has the most points.

Sorry you feel that we have singled you out. But i can say that we have not. We are jsut enforcing our rules as they are layed out in the Announcement forum at the top of every forum.

Cheers,
Mak

We don't use infractions because we like or because we want to. The infraction system is a huge improvement over the old system we used which depended solely upon memory and the mood of the mod at the time. Anyone who is issued a warning or infraction is done so because of their actions and nothing else.

Anyone who receives a warning or infraction but does not think they deserved it can appeal it with me. infractions can, and have been, reversed. I just reversed one less than an hour ago because it was given in error. I have also reversed some bans due to the situation being misunderstood at the time. mistakes happen and we work hard to fix them.

If you feel that you want to change teams, change teams. Don't try to pin it on a mod doing their job. Had it been a first time poster doing the same thing we would have banned them without a seconf thought and been totally within our rights in doing so. in fact, the aactivity was reported by other forum members, not just singled out by the mod team. As Mak said, the matter was discussed among the mods and the actions taken were agreed to have been appropriate.

At some point in life each person has to begin to take responsibility for their own actions. That means taking responsibility for both the good AND the bad. I have done some pretty bone-headed things in my life, but I will own up to them. I don't try to blame anyone one else for my own actions. I am the one who does the act and so I am the only one responsible for it. It would do well for all to take that step toward maturity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom