Folding@home GPU2 6.12 beta 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
w00t, awesome... already at 200/5000, and i've been running it for maybe 5 minutes, if that.

Yup, this is the fastest client to date.

Its also much more stable than Gpu 1 or smp, and the visualizer just looks plain badass:

fah_clientGeForce9600GT.png

Ill be running it with on two 8800gt's, with two console clients as well giving me a staggering 9000+ ppd

Mine works fine too while its oc'ed but i have a high pitched whine while under load like some of the earlier 8800 series.

Its not too bad at stock but as soon as you bump it up a bit it makes your ears want to bleed :eek:

Mine works fine too while its oc'ed but i have a high pitched whine while under load like some of the earlier 8800 series.

Its not too bad at stock but as soon as you bump it up a bit it makes your ears want to bleed :eek:

You should try to get a used 8800 with a better cooler, and sell off the 8600.

Switching to this on my laptop, it appears to recognize my GeForce 8600M GS.

Yup, you should get a good 1400ppd.

You should try to get a used 8800 with a better cooler, and sell off the 8600.

Probably wouldn't even get close to what i paid for it plus i'd rather save to get a new board and memory since the stuff i'm on now is udder crap.

If i wanted too i could probably rma the 8600 since its only about 2 weeks old but i'm not really bothered by it since i only bump the clocks up while gaming.

Never mind, it comes up with "Test Protein A" and doesn't start the core. Apparently THIS VERSION IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA 64 BIT EDITION!!!!!!!!!!!! or so I read on folding forums. Apparently a new version will be out "soon" that addresses this issue. Back to the old single-core awful slow client that doesn't take advantage of my fast laptop's dual core or graphics for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom