Folding@home GPU2 6.12 beta 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i was redirected here....having some issues getting my 8800gts 512 G92 to fold. Here is what I've done so far:

Installed the CUDA drivers/toolkit, etc: Download CUDA Code - complete and free toolkit for creating derivative works

Installed the GPU2 client (177.35): http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/Folding@home-GPU-systray-612b8.msi

And all seems to running properly as I see the protein and the progress...except for some odd stuff:
1) Can't minimize and if i close the window the WU starts over.
2) Even if I leave the window up to finish the WU it doesn't register upon completion so no credit for the work.
3) The WU progress on the window doesn't match the on mini task bar (x of 1,000,000 vs X of 250,000)

FAHSpy is giving me a 750 ppd average right now and says that GPU2 is the current client...that seems low for the 8800gts (even without an OC). Is it possible the SMP version and the GPU2 version are running but only the SMP is registering?

Any ideas? Experience?

Hello,

Read thru the thread. There is a tool which was posted called the F@HMon. That is the Monitor for F@H which will tell you what your average PPD is.

The thing in the taskbar you need TrayIt! Google for it. That should get rid of the item in the taskbar.

Cheers,
Mak

Will do both those things tomorrow, no time right now....but i think the FAHSpy ppd average of 750ish is accurate as I still haven't finished a WU today.

anyways, I'll confirm once i get those programs installed, right now nothing seems to be happening at all as far as WU and points....despite the visual display showing progress. FAHSpy is showing nothing for progress (stuck at 13% for hours) or ppd/pph.

Got my third 8800gt 512mb in (yes im addicted, but the price was too good to turn down) today and installed running alongside an 8800gt 256mb, both cards are oc'd and running just fine on an Earthwatts 380W psu.

sp3220080718204601zk2.png

My main rig is pushing some good ppd as well:
sp3220080718205104xy9.png

Ha, sick is the triple GTX 280 rig some guy is running over on the fah forums, hes at 21k but im not too far behind.

If i had more cash to spend id get these two GTS 512's i saw and push 12K ppd out of them alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom