FOLDING AT HOME is cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I don't do these sort of things, I have to comment that at least with Folding @ Home is some thing that will come out with a result that will benefit the rest of the world.

Unlike that SETI ALPA thing which is just there for all those people that think that the X-Files should be on the Discovery Channel. :rolleyes:

I actually like SETI more (the one that uses your PC to search for radio waves or signs of extraterrestrial life). Can we have a SETI team? You know... Aliens instead of Proteins... :) ?

P.P. Mguire said:
Can somebody please explain what exactly it does? Im kinda lost here. Sorry :(

You help to "understand the structure of proteins so they can develop better treatments for a number of illnesses."

seti got all mest up on my computer, so i stay away from it lol
i know this is pointless but if anyone wants to join my team it is called 9876543210 and the number is 47812

are there any other @HOME projects going on? i don't like alien searching, and i really don't think much is going to get done with folding. just my opinion though

they willl take our reaserch and find help for diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom