FOLDING AT HOME is cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer_tom

Baseband Member
it is really cool! i turn the program on when i go to bed and turn it off when i wake up. it is a protien maping program, distributive computing. you help to "understand the structure of proteins so they can develop better treatments for a number of illnesses." so if anyone would try it i say it is worth it! also join my team "9876543210".

go here to get the program http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html

OK, you posted it, and I'm going to say that that was unnecessary because the post is useless, and we already have a folding team (12864) AND a sticky dedicated to it.

But since this thread is going to call attention, I might as well call attention to the fact that, at the moment, TF's folding team kinda sucks. We're not even in the top 500 anymore, which is sad. Why are more people not folding? Are they already tied to other teams, or are just scared? Or too lazy to take the two minutes to download F@H and install it?

how come i cant uninstall it?? lol i put it on my old sony P4 1.8Ghz and it makes it slower, so i dont run it anymore

It's normal for it to make your PC slower, it uses any spare system resources and dedicates them to folding...so basically it keeps your CPU under 100% load

I joined another folding team before I came here so that is why I'm not part of TFs folding team

i know that, but not that computer is my parents and im trying to get rid of some pointless applications, and it would just freeze up my computer when i hit the uninstall in control panel add remove program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom