Folding@Home

Did I get screwed on this 40 dollar deal?

• Screwed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not screwed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shumway said:
Depending on the size of the WU it can take from 1 day up to whatever,Remember it's not a contest to see who can do the most or the fastest,It's about helping to understand how thing's work and maybe eventually leading to a cure for these disease's ;)

What are you talking about? Of course its a contest. :freak:

Added j369852147412 to the list.

It's not a contest...? You mean, I really don't get a Ferrari...?

Well, I don't completely understand what I'm doing here, but I'm in. :)

I guess I'm letting them use my computing power for their research or something? :confused:

Added OpticalIllusion.

Not really much to understand. Folding runs in the background. It downloads a WU (work unit), chews on it until it is done, then uploads it to Stanford while grabbing another one.

With millions of users running Folding, it equates to more computing than a super-computer running 24/7 (I forget exactly how much, but it is mind-boggling). And all of it devoted to trying to find the key to cancer.

I've added the TF team number to my client config. That's all I need to do right?

I'm folding for the forum, as of yesterday. I need to bump up the CPU usage on it though, I've got no WU's yet. But I did shut my computer down last night...

just let it run at 100%, the percentage of processor power setting means the percentage if idle. if your computer is 100% idle then it will use 100% of it's power, 80% idle then only 80% and so on so forth. if you set it to 15% and your pc is 100% idle then it will still only use 15%.

to configure the console open the run command (start>run) and type the location of the folding at home client (or drag and drop the program into the run dialogue box will put the location there, or click browse) then type a space and -config. click run and it will start folding at home at the configuration section

the good cause is scientific research, misfolding of proteins is known to cause many diseases and disorders and suspected of causing others. you can help cure cancer :D. if we could get all of our members folding we could beat OCAU :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom