The flood is here!.. Again. (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I've been watching is the changes being seen in weather patterns. Some places on the east coast have been hit with ice storms not seen in some 60yrs.!

In fact the state of New Hampshire and other areas were considered disaster areas and are now receiving federal assistance. I suspect the Northwest where you are will likely see some of that as well.

And I wanted to go to Mcdonalds!
-160.jpg

get yourself a canoe!

Did the levees break in New Orleans? When you are living in an area of risk you have to play it smart.

Floods can cause a lot of damage depending on how severe they are and what gets caught up in them. You saw what happened with the highways seeing mud slides.

You know I was expecting a Halo gag with the title of this thread, but yikes man that is some serious flooding. The pictures are just hammering home the point that us in the north west of the UK are lucky to not see much in the way of flooding.

i have never been near a flood, is it as bad as your making out? bear in mind im only young and dont work.

Well, ya pretty much. Especially this year, because most local businesses are just now getting back on their feet from last years devastating flood to be faced with another.

Last year almost 900 cattle were lost I believe, several bridges are still washed out.

The DOT was even using the interstate on-ramps as boat launches. :freak:

Glad to hear you live on higher ground, Lance. A flood is worse than a fire... a fire destroys it all and leaves nothing, but a flood destroys it and leaves it there to mock you.

Most of your shots looked like slow or still water. Hopefully there's not much fast moving flood waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom