Flex your e-peen!

lol :tongue: I decided to throw in peripherals because I didn't know the exact price for half of my stuff because they've been discontinued on Newegg and was too lazy to look them up elsewhere.

lol :tongue: I decided to throw in peripherals because I didn't know the exact price for half of my stuff because they've been discontinued on Newegg and was too lazy to look them up elsewhere.
Yea I looked up retail prices of older things I have besides the case because I don't give two ****s about it.

Hmmm peripherals now huh?

Razer Lycosa Mirror - $99
Logitech G700 - $99
Razer Destructor - $40
NEC 2470WNX - $901
Logitech G930 - $159
Samsung 2343 - $359
JBL Creature 2 - $59

Grand Total $5726

For things not discontinued I used their current price rather than MSRP like the PSU, HDDs, ect.

Last edited:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz - $105
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - 33
Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65 Micro ATX AM3 - $110
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1600MHZ - $50
Solid State Drive: A-Data SX900 128GB - $120
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - $90
VideoCard: MSI GTX 560 1GB Twin Frozr II/OC - $200
Case: IN WIN Grone White - $90
PowerSupply: Corsair HX750 - $110
Optical Drive: $17
Network card: $15
Fans: Sythe Kaze slipstream, 2X Cooler master fans - $30
Connectors: some SATA, USB 3.0 front IO to Mobo adapter - $30
I also applied some Arctic Silver MX-4
TOTAL
$$$1017$$$

I CANT F'ING BELIEVE I SPENT 1017 ON THIS COMP, ****

I should have gotten a better MOBO, I hadnt expected to have problem with connecting the internal USB3.0 to the mobo, that adapter cost me F*** $20 bucks. I spent $30 on fans, **** man.

it cost me 729 $ to build this when I first made it! This is the video I watched to make this comp! I now realized he was crazy about some of the parts, I mean he put down a 560 TI for $175 back in july2012, and he put down my mobo as $90 when it was $110, and YES i shopped around for deals.
https://teksyndicate.com/videos/build-epic-650-pc-july-2012

Well its still a good PC I guess, maybe not for the price as I once thought. Hmm... well... what do you think? I made this in AUG 2012...
this is what I originally got
well now that I think about it I did good. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Yea I looked up retail prices of older things I have besides the case because I don't give two ****s about it.

Hmmm peripherals now huh?

Razer Lycosa Mirror - $99
Logitech G700 - $99
Razer Destructor - $40
NEC 2470WNX - $901
Logitech G930 - $159
Samsung 2343 - $359
JBL Creature 2 - $59

Grand Total $5726

Holy... What's so special about that monitor?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz - $105
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - 33
Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65 Micro ATX AM3 - $110
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1600MHZ - $50
Solid State Drive: A-Data SX900 128GB - $120
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - $90
VideoCard: MSI GTX 560 1GB Twin Frozr II/OC - $200
Case: IN WIN Grone White - $90
PowerSupply: Corsair HX750 - $110
Optical Drive: $17
Network card: $15
Fans: Sythe Kaze slipstream, 2X Cooler master fans - $30
Connectors: some SATA, USB 3.0 front IO to Mobo adapter - $30
I also applied some Arctic Silver MX-4
TOTAL
$$$1017$$$

I CANT F'ING BELIEVE I SPENT 1017 ON THIS COMP, ****

I should have gotten a better MOBO, I hadnt expected to have problem with connecting the internal USB3.0 to the mobo, that adapter cost me F*** $20 bucks. I spent $30 on fans, **** man.

it cost me 729 $ to build this when I first made it! This is the video I watched to make this comp! I now realized he was crazy about some of the parts, I mean he put down a 560 TI for $175 back in july2012, and he put down my mobo as $90 when it was $110, and YES i shopped around for deals.
https://teksyndicate.com/videos/build-epic-650-pc-july-2012

Well its still a good PC I guess, maybe not for the price as I once thought. Hmm... well... what do you think? I made this in AUG 2012...
this is what I originally got
well now that I think about it I did good. What do you guys think?
Eh, think of it this way. Computers is a cheaper hobby than cars. A cheap turbo or supercharger setup can cost a minimum of 2 grand ;)
Even though most of what I get is used, you wouldn't believe the amount of cash I've spent in the past 4+ years on hardware, let alone the past 14 years.

Holy... What's so special about that monitor?
It was top of the line workstation monitor when it was released hence the high MSRP. I think they still go for like 300 these days but I'm not sure. Honestly didn't spend a dime on it.

Eh, think of it this way. Computers is a cheaper hobby than cars. A cheap turbo or supercharger setup can cost a minimum of 2 grand ;)
Even though most of what I get is used, you wouldn't believe the amount of cash I've spent in the past 4+ years on hardware, let alone the past 14 years.

It was top of the line workstation monitor when it was released hence the high MSRP. I think they still go for like 300 these days but I'm not sure. Honestly didn't spend a dime on it.

That monitor is $700 now.

Anyway PP I was always always scared away from buying used things, especially electronics! you are pretty knowledgeable, can you tell me why you buy used parts? and the benefit of it? other than costs? like maybe by the time it breaks you would have already bought another card? (I am more talking about graphics cards, they endure the most, and out date the fastest)
Hmm I was just reading another post by you, and it seems you have 2 used monitors also? and how much do you save going used?

That monitor is $700 now.

Anyway PP I was always always scared away from buying used things, especially electronics! you are pretty knowledgeable, can you tell me why you buy used parts? and the benefit of it? other than costs? like maybe by the time it breaks you would have already bought another card? (I am more talking about graphics cards, they endure the most, and out date the fastest)
Back in the day I bought only from trusted sources and traded a lot too. Spent maybe a grand total of 500 bucks on 3 GTX280s when they were the top dogs, coming from 2 4870s. Cost and the power of barter. I used to have things others wanted. Water parts, good clocking chips, ect. Plus I used to get way more hardware on review that I could just sell off or trade to better my PC. I have to admit, even though I hated the place TPU (techpowerup) was/is a great place to make deals. So many enthusiasts and you can typically always trust the high posting guys that are known sort of like me on this board.

In recent times, I'm not very trusting because I mainly have to deal with CL due to my Paypal account being screwed. That's why my hardware has been pretty much the same for a long while. For instance, if it wasn't for trading off my 2500k and board I wouldn't have got my second 580, then if it wasn't for a friend selling me the 3rd for $160 I wouldn't have two currently. I sold my first a long time ago.

Certain things I would never buy open box or refurbished. SSDs and HDDs being one, and sometimes monitors. Now on both of my Samsung monitors I took a huge gamble and bought open box. Both were perfectly brand new, still sealed.
I think I would also be weary of a refurbished PSU as well. To me certain catch phrases like "factory recertified" are marketing BS. If you're trying to save a buck or two I guess that's the risk you have to take.

Back
Top Bottom