Flatmate horror stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Inspired by the "Anyone know what this is???" Thread, I would like to start a thread on Flatmate horror stories.

I am quite sure we have all had at least one flatmate or house mate or roomy that made you think "Oh my god! I that 'person' really 'living' with me."

Feel free to post any thing up from the weird the stange and the zanny.

But keep it clean, and please don't name names.

In december 03, we took in this guy Nat (NOT REAL NAME). Nat was more of a friend of my flatmate Goki, but at the time we got along with each other as we worked with computers.
Orginally, I did not want him moving in as he was a risk more than way thing else. Like I had put in ads in the paper and had 3 people lined up to check the place out.
Anyways, Nat is bugging me online, he was begging me to let him move it. So he came over, and made a few promises. And in the end let him stay

However at the end of the first week of him moving in, he broke every promise....

Promise :- "I can support myself, I talked with my boss and he's garranteed me $300 worth of work each week"
Outcome :- His boss did not call him in at all while he was living there.

Promise :- "I can support myself, I talked with my boss and he's garranteed me $300 worth of work each week"
Outcome :- His boss owed him money from that last job he did.

Promise :- "I can contribute $30 each week for the food" We have a share food rooster system in the house which works most of the time.
Outcome :- "I will be giving you $30 each week for the food with a list of what I want you to get. And if I don't get it, I am going to be plenty pissed." I know my attitude for that is going to be "Keep your $30, you get your own food as you are not touching mine"

Promise :- "I can get you computer parts"
Outcome :- Big Deal. So can I. I do work as a computer wholesaler.

Promise :- "I can get you computer parts that you can not get"
Outcome :- Like what????????? BTW, if's a Usb Massage Ball, I am not really interested. Same goes with Case Mods.

Promise :- "I will be fine with the smaller bed room"
Outcome :- Goki moves into the smallest bed room, which then gives Nat the 2nd biggest bedroom. And now he's complaining that he does not have space to put his extra stuff.

Promise :- "I'll do extra house work"
Outcome :- He empties the dish washer once only to have the following quote for him "I am never emptying that again"
The following conversation is worth repeating :-
NAT :- If I do extra house work, can i get that credited towards my rent
Me :- Hmmmmmm.... I currently owe my parents about $200 for various things. And one day I did ask them If I could do some house chores to work that off. You know what happened then...?
NAT :- What happened....
Me :-My parent reminded me that they stopped giving me pocket money when I was 18 as I was old enough to take care of myself.

then comes one of his friends coming over
Promise :- "I got a freind coming over for a few days. Don't worry, he will support himself"
Outcome :- This guy eats like a horse. And it really pissed me off that I was so how expected to finance this guys stomach. The first week he was over, we ran out of food 3 days after shopping. And this guy hung around like the bad smell that he was for about 2 weeks instead.
This get better an Nat comes screaming into the kitchen one day :-
NAT :- Where is all the food. Wasn't YOUR turn to do the shopping this week.
ME :- Don't look at me. You freind keeps on eating it and I was told he was going to be looking after himself. I only got food for the 3 of us. Not for the bottemless pit. You want food, I suggest you chase some money for your freind there.

Nat finally moved out.
I have to save the expression on his face was priceless when he found out that I did change the locks on the front door and all his computer gear was still inside.
Expression was worth at least $90 as that was how much he was owing on rent.
However, I hoped he enjoys using his toothbush. I needed to clean the toilet bowl earlier that week. I could not seem to find the toilet brush as it blends in so well to the walls.
It was hard to not laugh when I heard Nat say "Must not forget that... my toothbrush"
I don't think it's going to kill him. After all, enough $#!+ comes out of his mouth in the first place. What is wrong with putting some of it back in. :eek:

I hope he is reading this post and I hope he still has that same tooth brush.

That toothbrush story is disgusting!! LOL

Just curious..... What is the average rent price in Australia?? I am renting a house in Southern California and am paying $2,000 for a 1600 sq. ft. house per month.

I've had a few roommates and the only horror story that I can think of is that one of them liked to have a lot of different women over all the time. Because of the thin walls, I can hear everything that was going on in his bedroom ( EVERYTHING )!!! hehe

Rent depends on where you living. Like in the city, you will be lucky to find a 1 room appartment for about under $120 per week. That will give you space of a bed and a living area.
Rent goes up the closer you are to the following :-
* Sydney City.
* Trains and Public Transport
* Major Shopping Centers
* Condition of house.

Currently I've lucked out and found this little gem in the nice part of town. I got big back yard with pool (that is maintained by land lord) 3 bedrooms, Front and back living room, kitchen and plenty of storage space for $260 per week. Like I am in a brick house. The rent I am paying would be for standard for a weatherboard house. Plus the neibourhood is good. One could easily rent the house I am in now for about $290 to $320.
The trains are not far away, but ship-wise is a bit sucky as I only have 2 mini marts near by. (At least one has a video store)

Well, I don't know if you would consider this a horror story or a dream story, but for me, it's a very difficult situation because I'm trying very hard to be a noble, dedicated, unwavering boyfriend.
I currently live with an extremely hot woman (my girlfriend). She has a female friend at college (also extremely hot) who is looking to move out of her current apartment, and into a larger apartment. My girlfriend came up with the great idea that we should move into a 2 bedroom apartment and share it with her. She doesn't know how attracted I am to her friend and she also doesn't know that her friend is extremely attracted to me.
We have found a very nice 2 story apartment; 1000 sq. ft., 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, total rent is only $450 a month (my girlfriend and I only pay half that), AND that price includes some of the utilities. We're planning on moving to that apartment after this college semester is over. (in less than a month)

Silesia said:
In december 03, we took in this guy Nat (NOT REAL NAME). Nat was more of a friend of my flatmate Goki, but at the time we got along with each other as we worked with computers.
Orginally, I did not want him moving in as he was a risk more than way thing else. Like I had put in ads in the paper and had 3 people lined up to check the place out.
Anyways, Nat is bugging me online, he was begging me to let him move it. So he came over, and made a few promises. And in the end let him stay

However at the end of the first week of him moving in, he broke every promise....

Outcome :- His boss did not call him in at all while he was living there.

Outcome :- His boss owed him money from that last job he did.

Promise :- "I can contribute $30 each week for the food" We have a share food rooster system in the house which works most of the time.
Outcome :- "I will be giving you $30 each week for the food with a list of what I want you to get. And if I don't get it, I am going to be plenty pissed." I know my attitude for that is going to be "Keep your $30, you get your own food as you are not touching mine"

Promise :- "I can get you computer parts"
Outcome :- Big Deal. So can I. I do work as a computer wholesaler.

Promise :- "I can get you computer parts that you can not get"
Outcome :- Like what????????? BTW, if's a Usb Massage Ball, I am not really interested. Same goes with Case Mods.

Promise :- "I will be fine with the smaller bed room"
Outcome :- Goki moves into the smallest bed room, which then gives Nat the 2nd biggest bedroom. And now he's complaining that he does not have space to put his extra stuff.

Promise :- "I'll do extra house work"
Outcome :- He empties the dish washer once only to have the following quote for him "I am never emptying that again"
The following conversation is worth repeating :-
NAT :- If I do extra house work, can i get that credited towards my rent
Me :- Hmmmmmm.... I currently owe my parents about $200 for various things. And one day I did ask them If I could do some house chores to work that off. You know what happened then...?
NAT :- What happened....
Me :-My parent reminded me that they stopped giving me pocket money when I was 18 as I was old enough to take care of myself.

then comes one of his friends coming over
Promise :- "I got a freind coming over for a few days. Don't worry, he will support himself"
Outcome :- This guy eats like a horse. And it really pissed me off that I was so how expected to finance this guys stomach. The first week he was over, we ran out of food 3 days after shopping. And this guy hung around like the bad smell that he was for about 2 weeks instead.
This get better an Nat comes screaming into the kitchen one day :-
NAT :- Where is all the food. Wasn't YOUR turn to do the shopping this week.
ME :- Don't look at me. You freind keeps on eating it and I was told he was going to be looking after himself. I only got food for the 3 of us. Not for the bottemless pit. You want food, I suggest you chase some money for your freind there.

Nat finally moved out.
I have to save the expression on his face was priceless when he found out that I did change the locks on the front door and all his computer gear was still inside.
Expression was worth at least $90 as that was how much he was owing on rent.
However, I hoped he enjoys using his toothbush. I needed to clean the toilet bowl earlier that week. I could not seem to find the toilet brush as it blends in so well to the walls.
It was hard to not laugh when I heard Nat say "Must not forget that... my toothbrush"
I don't think it's going to kill him. After all, enough $#!+ comes out of his mouth in the first place. What is wrong with putting some of it back in. :eek:

I hope he is reading this post and I hope he still has that same tooth brush.

silesia im 13 and i think i would be a betta room mate lol sasd isn't it

ImAnAardvark said:
Well, I don't know if you would consider this a horror story or a dream story, but for me, it's a very difficult situation because I'm trying very hard to be a noble, dedicated, unwavering boyfriend.
I currently live with an extremely hot woman (my girlfriend). She has a female friend at college (also extremely hot) who is looking to move out of her current apartment, and into a larger apartment. My girlfriend came up with the great idea that we should move into a 2 bedroom apartment and share it with her. She doesn't know how attracted I am to her friend and she also doesn't know that her friend is extremely attracted to me.
We have found a very nice 2 story apartment; 1000 sq. ft., 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, total rent is only $450 a month (my girlfriend and I only pay half that), AND that price includes some of the utilities. We're planning on moving to that apartment after this college semester is over. (in less than a month)
u even consider that a horror thats a dream man u and 2 hot chicks in the same apartment excellent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom