Fixing up House = Taxable Improvement???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
So I live in MAINE, where it's winter 4-5 months out of the year. We recently put up insulation board and vynil siding on our house. The other day the ****ing tax guy stops by and claims at this was a taxable improvement and needs to be reflected as such. What the **** is wrong with this country? When did "trying to stay warm and save energy" become a taxable cause? No wonder everyone's houses around here look like ****....

I think that means you can write it off on your taxes... I did new windows and insulation in my basement and I got to write it off as a home improvement.. I don't know much about taxes but I think you might have miss understood.

Not a US resident but I think that taxing you for fixing up your house is a little on the insane side, in the UK i have never heard of anyone paying tax for home improvement.

Your improvements have increased the value of your home, so your property taxes will be adjusted once they file a new appraisal. It sux, but that's the way it works.

I put up a storage building out back, one of the nice ones that looks like a small barn, and my taxes went up a bit. If I have the two trees removed that I want gone, my taxes will probably go up a little more because of it.

i wen't to the doctor and my brother needs to lose wight but he can't run or do exercise, so the only thing he can do is walk or w=swim, now heres te cool part the doctor told us we could use it as a tax rideoff, so if we buy a pool and send the doc's note to the irs we get 7k back, but then theres still the other 43k the pool guy said the pool would cost

Trotter his it on the head. Increase in property value increases property tax via percentage of property value. Added a garage, this increased property value and in the end the taxes. It sucks, but it helps pay the governments programs, albeit some are a little frivolous, but hey... not my decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom