Fishing Bait ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Anyone know any 'secret' bait for carp and roach etc ?. Can be ground bait, normal or floating :)

Ive tried luncheon meat, sweetcorn, maggots, bread. Just wondering whether theres anything better, or maybe some homemade modifications ?

Stinkbait (that's what it's called), bloodballs, chicken livers (leave in the sun for a bit to toughen them up... they'll stay on the hook better), chicken gizzards. Pieces of unchewed bubble gum work, too, because of the strong flavorings.

Those are what I would use for catfish, and carp are willing to eat even more than a cat.

Roch like bread but if you get a little bit of the water that the sweat corn comes in an sprinkel it on you might get some more sucesess, if you are after some nicer catches carpet bomb the swim you are going for 12 hours before with bread crumb ground bait mixed with sweat corn, choped worm, maggot an some nice blood worm that will bost your catch.

Carp are a nightmare to catch, an i can't realy recomend much to catch them unless i know what your after, crucian, ghost, mirror, etc have slightly differnt meathods.

Are you fishing a still water if so what size? Small medium or large, is it a comersial lake? or is it a river i need more info to give you a better idea mate.

For Carp, I've always done well with a mixture of oatmeal, cornflakes, corn syrup, dry mix of kool aid or similar sweet drink (concentrate of a fruit punch works well too). you can add some flour too to thicken it up. It should turn out pretty sweet and easy to mold. You can actually eat it yourself as a snack too lol.

Use corn on a small hook and bait the area with 1 can of corn for common carp. For Grass carp I use bread floating on top with a small hook and no weight. My biggest to date is 47lbs for crass carp and then 43lbs for another grass carp and somewhere in the 30lb range for common carp.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Nice osiris !

Well i found my own secret mix, for some reason the lake/pond (was very small) was only from 6 inches to 18 inches deep :eek: I tried everything, floating bread, sweetcorn, maggot (caught 1 little 1lb fish) So i gave up - well almost :p I used chocolate eclair toffee! yup. About a peice twice the size of sweetcorn, push the spade end of the hook in and it never comes off. Cast out, no float, and put some tango in the water (i spilt some into the water, and 30 seconds later i saw 3 or 4 carp in that area) So i guessed it may attract them. It worked anyway.

The biggest i caught was 11lb, but they don't get much bigger in that pond/lake.

Good day overall though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom