First HD-DVD rip hits bittorrent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
Apparently, the video isn't encrypted, it's just a proprietary codec that we need to crack in order to transcode it into something worth while, like H.264, or MPEG-4. The file size would be reduced a LOT with H.264.

erm yeh ... sounds ... erm confusing :confused: :angry:

Even if it can't be cracked... they keep forgetting the whole "If you can see and/or hear it, then you can record it." thing.

So someone clear this up...there isn't really a difference between DVD and HD-DVD apart from the storage capability. In theory a DVD is infact an HD-DVD since I would think you would be able to copy a 1920x1080 resolution video to it and play in back, and the only disadvantage would be that 1080i/1080p files take of more space therefore full length movies need the storage size of HD-DVD

savagenator said:
one word: daemon tools

That's two words. And Daemon Tools can't crack AACS encryption, so how, again, will Daemon Tools come into play when copying HD-DVD's? :rolleyes:

@gaara

HD-DVD is not at all like DVD, the encryption and video compression are totally different.

The General said:
That's two words. And Daemon Tools can't crack AACS encryption, so how, again, will Daemon Tools come into play when copying HD-DVD's? :rolleyes:

@gaara

HD-DVD is not at all like DVD, the encryption and video compression are totally different.

ok,your right its 2 words, but daemon tools comes into play becuase i can make an iso out of it and then play it as a DVD through daemon tools. If it works i'll be amazed

What would be the point? You'd either be playing an ISO, or just playing the video file. I don't see a benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom