Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

boardslide315

Baseband Member
Just wonderin...is it a bad idea to have more than one software firewall?? I am runnin zone alarm pro and sygate personal..they dont like..cancel each other out or anything, do they?

Blah, software firewalls. Grow up, spend some money, and buy a hardware firewall.

All the software is good for is telling you when someone is trying to get in. So in other words, it's an alarm saying someone is trying to get up your ass. So just turn off your computer.

bandage_boy said:
Blah, software firewalls. Grow up, spend some money, and buy a hardware firewall.

All the software is good for is telling you when someone is trying to get in. So in other words, it's an alarm saying someone is trying to get up your ass. So just turn off your computer.

LOL...
Not only is that incorrect, but it was pretty rude as well.
And your recommendation on a hardware firewall bandage_boy?
Or did you just read that in a magazine?

In response to the original post...having 2 software firewalls is overkill. Sometimes they may even fight for control and the slowly lock up your PC. You should read some articles on both, get some opinions on both and then decide which to go with. Personally, out of the two mentioned, I have only used Zone Alarm and sometimes it works too well :) You also should accompany any firewall with a good piece of anti-virus software.

-Mike

Actually, I do have a hardware firewall, and it works extremely well. Although it can sometimes be a pain in the ass to play games and transfer files over some programs, because I have to open ports and such, but it's not too bad, atleast I know that I'm protected.

well maybe not 10,000 hackers, but i understand what you mean. it really doesn't matter if you had 10 million attempted intrusions, all it takes is 1 to get through. so obviously that's why anti-virus is the next line of defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom