Firefox FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firefox slow??? Say it ain't so! Are you using FasterFox? It does all the tweaks for you.

Unless you're talking about load times. IE is faster in loading because Windows pre-fetches it.

i use firefox preloader. it loads when windows starts and always keeps firefox in the memory so it loads in a snap. especially useful if you open links from outlook or outlook express (i.e. TF subscription emails).

it's a very small program and has no noticeable impact on windows startup time. sometimes you have to reload firefox if you leave your computer on for a day or so because of firefox and it's RAM-munching habits

molsen said:
sometimes you have to reload firefox if you leave your computer on for a day or so because of firefox and it's RAM-munching habits
Which is supposed to be fixed or worked on with 2.0. I think I'm gonna reinstall preloader and see if it's any better.

EDIT: Na, I think it's still just as bad. I just wont use preloader. No big deal.

I Just got done installing it and have been using it for a while I like the spell check thing though... It works decent nothing like MS Words though even though that doesn't work properly all the time and Word has grammar check too which I think wouldn't be good for the internet IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom