Firefox 0.9 (full release) is now out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hygor

Daemon Poster
After the release of 0.9RC (release candidate) last week, Mozilla have now released the full release of 0.9...

you know you all want it!!

So if like me you are rocking the RC from last week.. or if you are still on 0.8... (or god forbid you are using IE)... get 0.9 now!

Mozilla downloads

You know it makes sense!!!!

I prefer Opera it has more features. You can remove the banner ads from it with third-party software anyway. Yeah it's not open-source but I prefer it. Just my opinion.

PCNewbie said:
I prefer Opera it has more features. You can remove the banner ads from it with third-party software anyway. Yeah it's not open-source but I prefer it. Just my opinion.

I tried Opera and it was fast , but not as fast as FireFox.
The only thing I didn't like about Opera was that it was a browser, email client , instant nessenger , etc. That's also the reason I don't use the Mozilla browser.
I don't need all of the other stuff or extras, I'm just looking for a speedy, trim browser and that's exactly what FireFox is.

Your guys computer's must suck or something, or maybe your connection does.

I used IE and it's perfect. I have google toolbar installed, I love it. I don't like Firefox, maybe I'm weird or something, but IE works just fine for me. And it's plenty fast.

Erik said:
Your guys computer's must suck or something, or maybe your connection does.

I used IE and it's perfect. I have google toolbar installed, I love it. I don't like Firefox, maybe I'm weird or something, but IE works just fine for me. And it's plenty fast.

IE was never that slow on my puter.. i have 1meg broadband and my puter spec aint bad... but firefox is sooo much better and faster than IE... as for you having the google toolbar.... hahahahahahaha enjoy your evil spyware!

Fair enough that you dont like firefox though, my dad likes it but my mum doesnt so they have gone back to using IE, but i never will!

Personally I liked Firefox 0.8 better then 0.9, just my opinion. I know that 0.9 is smaller and probably a bit faster, but I've had a few problems with 0.9 lately that I didn't have with 0.8. Well the Firefox team will probably fix it in a week anyway, so I guess I have nothing to worry about. Oh, also it doesn't seem to store passwords quite right with netscape, although I think that has to do with something I did. Sometimes it also continually cycyles and a page just will not load. I'm gonna send them an email telling them one or two problems I have. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Oh, also I liked the way Firefox 0.8 looked better them 0.9, but I got a new skin, so its all good :D. Thats about it. Long Live Firefox!

Oh, in that case I think I'll wait a week to download .9 ;-) I've been using .8 since its release, and Firebird before that... Of course previously using Internet Explorer--there's just no reason to use it. Beyond laziness as I unbelievably have had friends tell me (though they have cable) they don't want to take the time to get it. I'm on dial-up, and it is a ton better loading text first, being trim and being able to change just about everything. On my Dad's computer at the other house he has cable, and I don't notice it quite as much, but it still loads a bit faster, and has everything where I want it...and looks nice with the skin I made! Actually it needs a little improving, but I personally think it beats all of the ones available on their site by a million--they need to bring those suckers up to style!

Open source forever!! :)
-X

PS: Linux Beats Windows Too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom