Finally... UK gets 100Mbit minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK Prices for Broadband are Rubbish i hate it..

i pay $50/month for this speed in California it sux out here, but hey its better than cable

226628847.png

BTW im paying for 15mb/2mb but im not getting 2mb im getting ripped off for ~200kb ZOMG

I declare this Speedtest thread

gurusan I havent heard good things about BE unlimited, mostly about bad support and capping your downloads / bottle necking your speed during peak times.

Really? I've done quite a lot of asking around and at another UK forum Be/O2 are the 2 most recommended ISPs...apparently there's no traffic shaping and the price is good too.

Also I can get 40 quid cashback signing up through quidco

That might have something to do with the north / south divide then all the people I know who have tried them didn't have a good experience with them. I hope you do have a good experience with them, the only ISP i have had a good experiance with is Virgin good speed's, tos even better, they even let you host your own server so i can't complain.

This is me @ sky

Nothing special but not bad:

March is when I'll be switching to a faster service. Up to 24mpbs down and 1.3mbps up

OMG! Like this will ever be the norm in this country when the so-called advertised speeds are falsely stated by providers as it is...

Wouldn't really get too hyped up bout it to be honest...maybe that's just me.

OMG! Like this will ever be the norm in this country when the so-called advertised speeds are falsely stated by providers as it is...

Wouldn't really get too hyped up bout it to be honest...maybe that's just me.

No they are not, they make it quite clear that it is upto 8Mb depending on length and quality of line. The biggest problem is contention and traffic shaping at the ISP side. Both of which will be helped greatly by the roll out of ADSL2+ from BT which brings the cost of bandwidth to a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom