FINALLY Ordered My Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, funny thing. I changed my mind and decided not to spend so much on this computer. I was about to check out and I'm like 'wait a minute, this will only leave like $500 in my band account'. That made me think twice. Besides this is my first gaming rig so I don't need an Uber l337 FEAR machine. There are still plenty of games that don't require an X2 proc. and 256 gfx card. You guys may all be bored with games like Battlefield 1942, UT2K4, WoW, ect. but I've not played them yet. So....what I decided to go with instead is a more affordable rig that will still run almost any current game but just not on max settings.

DFI LP Ultra-D
A64 3200+ Venice
1GB OCZ Gold Editon PC3200
eVGA 6600GT
Creative SB Augidy2 ZS Gamer
Seagate Barracuda SATA150 250GB w/NQC
Antec Neopower 480W
Antec P160WF
Viewsonic VX724 4ms <=== 17" version of VX924 :cool:
Sennheiser HD555 Headphones

Not as crazy as the X2 4400+ but for me, that would have been overkill TBH.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OVERKILL IN TERMS OF COMPUTING POWER!

Even if you went 1000 years into the future and got the top of the line computer then and you could get 100,000,000 points in 3dmark05 IT WOULD NOT BE OVERKILL!!!!!

::drooling::

the 3000+ is the best value CPU out there at the moment, save yourself the extra money and put it towards something else.

Nubius said:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OVERKILL IN TERMS OF COMPUTING POWER!

Even if you went 1000 years into the future and got the top of the line computer then and you could get 100,000,000 points in 3dmark05 IT WOULD NOT BE OVERKILL!!!!!

::drooling::
lol, send me about 3K and I'll get an FX-57 and SLI GTX's, blah, blah, blah. Untill then I'm saving my money for other things. I need to do some upgrading to my snowmobile this winter too (deeper track for this Uber deep power out west :D ).

waynejkruse10 said:
the 3000+ is the best value CPU out there at the moment, save yourself the extra money and put it towards something else.
Doesn't the 3200+ have the multipliers unlocked and the 3000+ doesn't?

Aaah, I see. And no, the 3200+ doesn't have unlocked multipliers. Only the FX series has the multipliers unlocked.

Well this is a quote from a guy on newegg who bought the 3200+,

The AMD64 Venice 3000+ is cheaper by a bit but stick w/ 3200+ as the 10x multiplier gives you more options on Ocing.
So he's wrong? Or am I misunderstanding his post? I don't know sh!7 about OCing so I am probably not understanding what he means.

ok, read what he says.......does it say anywhere or anything about an unlocked multiplier? No.......he simply says theres a 10x multiplier...

10x200 = 2GHz = 3200+ CPU

9x200 = 1.8GHz = 3000+ CPU

chances are you're gonna wanna try and hit a high HTT anyway and you'll wind up having to lower the multi regardless, so IMO it really doesn't offer any advantage over a 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom