Finally....

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I finally have my broadband connection up and running. It runs about 500K. I know its nothing like what some of you all run, but its very tolerable, considering I was dealing with stuff like 19.2Kbps on dial-up. Well, I have downloads to do and streaming media to enjoy. w00t! :)

Congradulations again , now you can finally download things like Aquamark , 3dMark , and the newest video card drivers without it taking days .:D

I remember when I got DSL (even i only have 256k dsl which is blazing compared to dial up) and it was look the first time i got my computer i was so happy. Congragulations. I did the same thign you did when i got mine also lol. I went right to places like windows media player, i downloaded kazaa, and i also downloaded all the udpates for my crap. It was awesome. I even asked my mom to come up and look at how fast it took me to go from one site to another lol. I was obsessed and still am.

Iron_Cross said:
Congrats man, I'm about to get cable soon. I can't wait :D
But how the hell did you get 19.2kb/s with dialup?! I'm at like 3.02kb/s... :|

Yeah, 19.2 kilobits per second. That is download speeds of about 1.5KB/sec. Yahoo messenger took me a whole hour to download on dial-up.

That will make the day I get broadband even sweeter , I'll be able to download Linux ISO images and get a free OS along with Windows .:D

Hehe, i just downloaded all my Windows updates in about 15 minutes, a process that I used to not be able to complete because of the 4 hour time limit on my dial-up ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom