Filing for lost title

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
I have these close friends that sold a 1987 toyota pick-up to a guy they had work for them about 3 1/2 years ago. He is kinda all over the place and doesn't hold a steady job.. He paid cash and they signed the title over. But he left right after he bought the truck, they have had no contact with him in the 3 1/2 years. So they still have the truck

I want to buy it, but don't know how to go about it. They can't get ahold of the current owner. Nobody knows where he is. We have discussed it and they said they would sell it for $800. But again, how do I legally go about this?

Thanks,
Lance

Ya, I kinda already knew that. Sorry if my post was misleading. I wanted to know if there was a way to get the title back to my friends... I shot a e-mail to our local DOL. So I will have to wait and see.

hmmm... interesting predicament your in. Best bet would be to contact department of transportation or wherever you file for transfer of title when selling a vehicle and just give em your story... Unless the guy is dead, the truck is still technically his, although I doubt the registration and other paperwork are up to date... Could maybe claim it as an abandoned vehicle since it's on your friends' property? Have fun

I would talk to an attorney. Probably since the guy never claimed it after purchase he doesn't have legal rights to it anymore. Dunno about that though. Get real legal advice on this one. Or you could forge the other dude's name, get it titled, then sell it again. Not legal, but it happens every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom