Is fiber in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law

Fully Optimized
Verizon and cable company including Cox Communication is battling it out to offer customer only in certain area of up to 15Mbps downstream and 2Mbps upstream. Cox has upgraded their service for only $59.94 a month that's just $20 more due to competition with Fiber Optic that Verizon is using to offer their customer the same rate but just $15 less.

I think Cox only offer 15/2 to residential area in CT,RI and VA, while fiber optic the only area I hear of is in Mass.

15Mbps downstream is a whooping upgrade for only $20 more if you think about it. I'm thinking about upgrading my cox service right now.

I don't think Cox is even a provider here where I live.

Verizon has their FIOS which will (like you said) cost $44.95 but I just checked and it's not available yet...I don't think it'll be available here until june or so at which time I'll be leaving for seattle :cries:

I want 15mbps down damnit! Hell with torrents the way they are even 2mbps would be beneficial to me

I have it in Sacramento. Mine is from a local Company Surewest. My service is 10Mbps down AND up. I have been very happy with it.

I am currently paying only $20 a month for the first 6 months, and which time it increases to $50 a month. However, I have telephone through them, and will soon be switching to TV as well, so I will save some money through a package deal.

get Fiber from Modem to Router and Router to Machine to speed it up even more.
Um, no... A 100Mbps ethernet cable isn't going to be slowing anything down....

Yea Verizon won't start their service in most area until maybe next year or so. I heard that most part of Mass. (the rich area) already have Verizon FiOS. Their not available in my area where I live, but instead of upgrading my service to Cox, I'm going to wait for Verizon FiOS just to save $15 a month, plus I hear Verizon will be doubling thier bandwidth in the next year.

Cat 5 transfers at 100mb/s, Cat 5e transfers at 1000Mb/s.

Just felt like saying it. And I highly doubt cat 5 will slow down a 15 Mb connection.

It wouldn't affect your dl speed even if you had a 1,000,000 Mbps LAN connection if your WAN connection was capped at 15Mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom