Fgiured you guys need a laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok my friend has a ati radeon 9800pro 256mb 1gb pc2100 ram and a p4 2ghz which is pretty crappy especially when its in a little sony mid tower filled to the brim with dust in a room that is always 90+ degrees regarding the season. It turns out he didnt know the fan stopped working on the card and his computer just shut off. They tried to get it to boot and it wouldnt. So the 5 or so minutes they had, they tried a system restore and it crashed during it cause of the thermal sensor. The computer then wouldnt boot to windows. So then they try to reformat and well it crapped out right away for the same reason. Now during this my friend keeps calling me and leaving no messages so i never returned the calls. He eventually finds out the fan is not working. So my friend realizes I need a new fan and asks another person about getting a cooler. They end up getting him a pos cooler for the card for like 5 bucks off a site. They put it in and it seems to run longer he said until he smelled smoke and when he opened it smoke basically poored out and the card was fried. As funny as this all is I still dont understand how the thermal shutdown stopped working. I would take pics but after laughing at him and calling him and his friend's dad retard's, we really arent friends anymore. Lol

Though they may not have been real intelligent or experienced in the matter, it's hard for me to find humor in someone's misfortune. But that's just me.

Dave :D

wow... nice guy you are.

The right thing to do would have been to return his calls, and actually use your [clears throat] knowledge to help him.

This is kinda like the time when I had my 1984 Ford Bronco II. I was having a problem with something and called a friend of mine "auto mechanic" to see if he could help me. He was too lazy to get off his butt to help and told me to do something that was absolutely wrong. With my inexperience with auto mechanics, I did it. Making the problem so much worse.

The following day he called me and asked me if it helped and i was really mad and told him no... and he started laughing... He said ok, i'll come over and fix it for you. $500 in parts later, problem fixed... He's laughing about it over beers... My blood started boiling....

So i haul off and punched him square in the face... After the inital shock wore off, he just looked at me and said, "Yeah I guess I deserve that." I said yeah, I should beat the living crap outta you... Again he just laughed.

We are still friends... But, he doesn't mess with me anymore...

HAVOC2k5 said:
So i haul off and punched him square in the face... After the inital shock wore off, he just looked at me and said, "Yeah I guess I deserve that." I said yeah, I should beat the living crap outta you... Again he just laughed.

either he was really drunk, or he's a good person. cause some people take a punch in the face and do the same back, even if they deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom