FedEX versus US Postal Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekÆsine

Fully Optimized
I was wondering if anybody knew which is the better service to use when shipping home audio speakers that weigh about 50 Lbs pounds each? who would ship them more safely is what i'm trying to ask.

-edit
oops meant to say fedEX vs. UPS

Lol i know ups, because my friend works for them. Hes probably one of there best workers. And so much shit gets messed up. I dont know i wonder if anyone knows about fedex. They are probably about the same. However about 98% of the 30 boxes that we have come in every day are perfect. You should be pretty safe, just take extra time and package them good. Lots of bubble rap and popcorn!

I've never had good luck with UPS, unfortunately. So I would have to say go FedEx. They shipped my iMac and they ship just about anything I've ever had ordered.

But UPS shipped my mom's iMac's, and one of them was dropped in shipping and had a huge chunk taken out of the casing. It was replaced, but it still makes me a bit queezy to think of it. :)

thanks guys. i actually talked to the seller and we agreed that UPS really sucks. he says UPS damage a large amount of the packages sent. i'm pretty excited about these new pair of floorstanding speakers i just purchased from him. they stopped making the Pinnacle Classic Gold Towers years ago and retailed at over $1100 back in 1999 i think. thats why i was so worried.

what do you guys think about US postal service versus fedEX though? who is more reliable (safer)?

While you are getting your Speaker Fed-Ex over, you might want to watch a moive.

And what better movie to watch than....
B00003CXRP.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

while you wait for the FedEx guy to show up.

"WILSON!!!!!!!!!" :p

Every time I see a Fed Ex guy, (like when I am getting RA from INTEL), i find it hard not to ask him about any VollyBalls that he might be carrying. :p :p ;)

On a serious note, I would recommend FedEx too. They are not the cheapest, but they do not BS you around.

I used to work for Mail Boxes Etc, before they changed into the UPS store.

They both have their advantages, it depends on what you're shipping.

FedEx is better for light fast shipments. Like their next day letter packs, or small boxes. They come it at a decent price compared to the others.

UPS is very good for large bulky items, in fact they have special handling requirements for heavy and large boxes.

I'd recommend going with UPS for the speakers, and putting a this side up and fragile sticker on the side. That'll make them stack it towards the top of the truck load. Also, for insurance purposes, just in case they do break, make sure to have at least 2 inches of packaging around the speakers inside. And don't use newspaper!! It automatically voids any insurance you put on the box for both carriers.

PS, you get a free $100 of insurance per box from both UPS and FedEx.

ekÆsine said:
I was wondering if anybody knew which is the better service to use when shipping home audio speakers that weigh about 50 Lbs pounds each? who would ship them more safely is what i'm trying to ask.

-edit
oops meant to say fedEX vs. UPS

Actually more people prefer FedEx over any other carrier. I am one of those people. I have personally had a few problems with UPS. Including the FEW times they lost the address on the box and had to call up the company I ordered from to get it, this delayed the package for over a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom