FedEx

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
Package was supposed to be delivered today,I woke up and checked my tracker and it said that I had signed for the package at about 8AM.. Nobody in my house signed for it, nobody nextdoor signed for it.. But they say they saw the fedex guy walk by and then return signing something?

What are my options?

Get a signed statement from your neighbour an then file a complaint - something like this happened to me 2 weeks ago with a large shipment of parts (5 boxes with 5 mobos in each) thats what I did an got a refund on shipping an damadges from the shiping company (all in all £200) it was some little local company so it was qucik an easy.

Wow... so the FedEx guy signed for it himself and kept the item? Is he an idiot? Does he not realize that he will be in very deep trouble considering that is theft and a class D felony? Man, I'd figure the people working for the shipping companies would be smart enough to know better than that. There is no possible way he could get away with it.

I thought that mail tampering was fraud an considered a federal offense even if is sent via a private carrier?

Well I know it is that way in the UK an I know you have more stringent mail laws than us.

Well I called.. The pretty much blamed it on the neighbors, but told me to check around my house because he might have left it somewhere (which is odd, because a signature was required, but she insisted).... I'd like to go talk to the neighbors again, but I dont want them to get mad because they think I'm accusing them.

Will fedex be held responsible if they think the neighbors took it? But I guess because it was supposedly signed by me, they can't say that?

Hmm.

The box had an Apple logo on the side :-| obviously a target. (twas a refurbished nano for my friends birthday).

They said I had to call them back in 2 days.. They kept pressuring me to tell them that the neighbors seemed like the type to take it.. Seemed like a trap so I refused to answer it.

Yes they would the burden of care of items in transit is theirs an theirs alone, the signature required has to be yours or a member of your house hold.

You sound like you handled it well on the phone but next time you call them record it.

Edit sorry didnt read what was missing.

Item missing is a refurbished iPod Nano. For a friends birthday..She can't afford one and she doesn't think I'm getting her anything and I was gonna SURPRISE her.. Bahh!!! I'll go pick one up at the store I guess.

I can't think of anybody that would take it besides the one house next door, and the fedex guy? And it was delivered at 8AM, and they said they were up and saw him.. They said the fedex guy stared at their door for a couple of minutes and then walked down toward my place.. And then came back signing something.. sounds bogus?

I would ask for a copy of the signature. I thought if nobody's home to sign, you have to either give FedEx instructions in advance of what to do, or they are supposed to leave you a note telling you the time/date they tried delivery and when the next attempt will be made. No telling who they got to sign. Could have been some kid selling crap to raise money or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom