Fear Is Manufactured

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to point and name at anybody, so don't take it that way fellas.

The problem is, it's 'propaganda' to whoever opposes the viewpoint. The serious thing is that at least statistics have a root to reality, whereas the opposition offers nothing but abstract 'possibilities' and exceptions to the ever so regular people that make up 90% of the statistic.

I think it should be wise that everyone knows that there's always an exception to the rule, but really, stats don't lie all of the time.

Ryan

nitestick said:
lol for instance, a great example of propoganda is those beautifully colourful pictures we get from the hubble space telescope. those pictures have little to no colour and are basically black and white (just a side effect from light travelling over a distance) so they colourise them in all these brilliant colours. somehow i don't think the funding would keep rolling in if we had bland black and white photos :p

the pictures aren't black and white, they do have some natural color to them. the colors are usually from the doppler effect of objects moving either towards or away from us. often the colors are enhanced for obvious reasons. some of the colors come from different spectrums like infrared, etc.

i knew i was going to get corrected on that one, i realised after i posted it it was wrong but couldn't be bothered i just hoped no-one picked it up.

"stats don't lie all of the time."
but they don't tell the truth either. and the fact is the statistic you pointed out is too ambiguous when used to describe a race group. there are too many factors influencing the statistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom