favourite cheese - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2018, 11:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: favourite cheese

Honestly i wonder what nandos puts their creamy mashed potato...know its random

Old 07-13-2018, 03:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
AR ML AI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
Depends entirely on the requirements at hand

For cheese & crackers platter I'd do a nice mature cheddar, good n crumbly with lots of sharp tang/bite, and a young edam for that creamy nuttiness.

A burger on the other hand, I'd go smoked gouda, colby jack, or my personal fav an aged gruyère for that combo of earthy/nutty with excellent melting properties, which is a must on a burg IMO. Only change to this is if it's a lamb burger, in which case feta ALL the way hands down, something about that mix is just outta this world good.

Also on pizza. Love how feta doesn't really *melt* but does go into a small gooey pile

And speaking of that meltiness, sometimes you just want overpowering rich unctious hot piles of melted cheese, in which case you can't pass up raclette. Bit bland compared to some, but over some properly seasoned potatoes and bacon chunks (or preferably speck)...bah gawd.
For melted cheese on a burger, I usually use extra mature or vintage cheddar (the ones with a few small crunchy salt crystals in). If you want to melt it really well, grate it and put it in a pot on the hob, and add a few teaspoons of milk. Melts easily into a very thick cheddar cheese sauce, and no need for flour or anything.

AMD Ryzen 2700X
16GB DDR4
EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black
WD Blue 250GB SSD / WD Blue M2 500GB SSD / SanDisk 240GB SSD
WD Black 2TB HDD
Asus AMD PRIME B350M-A Mobo
Seasonic 860w Platinum PSU
Fractal Design Core 1100 mATX Case
Sony Bravia X900F 49" 4K HDR Monitor

kmanmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

I'm not a fan or cheese much especially the pre-manufactured cheap nasty stuff you get like cheese slices or cheese strings.

A good cheese if I do eat it is like a mature cheddar or even a soft white brie . Oh my days. A soft white brie is the stuff of heaven and I have seen my self eat a block of that stuff. No joke.

But even Edam or something like a blue cheese is good stuff and tastes amazing.

**Are hear; my mouths starting to water. Thanks.**
Old 07-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Night Ninja

Quote:
Depends entirely on the requirements at hand

For cheese & crackers platter I'd do a nice mature cheddar, good n crumbly with lots of sharp tang/bite, and a young edam for that creamy nuttiness.

A burger on the other hand, I'd go smoked gouda, colby jack, or my personal fav an aged gruyère for that combo of earthy/nutty with excellent melting properties, which is a must on a burg IMO. Only change to this is if it's a lamb burger, in which case feta ALL the way hands down, something about that mix is just outta this world good.

Also on pizza. Love how feta doesn't really *melt* but does go into a small gooey pile

And speaking of that meltiness, sometimes you just want overpowering rich unctious hot piles of melted cheese, in which case you can't pass up raclette. Bit bland compared to some, but over some properly seasoned potatoes and bacon chunks (or preferably speck)...bah gawd.
I feel like you must have visited the Cheese web site at some point in your life! To add to your list, I can't forget blue cheese. I love some blue cheese on a burger. If you can get a homemade version of the dressing, it's great for salads as well. The chunkier the dressing the better.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Knowitall!

I like most cheeses but for me, my absolute favorite is a Mild Cheddar. I prefer it over the tangy taste of a Sharp Cheddar.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud1200 View Post
I'm not a fan or cheese much especially the pre-manufactured cheap nasty stuff you get like cheese slices or cheese strings.

A good cheese if I do eat it is like a mature cheddar or even a soft white brie . Oh my days. A soft white brie is the stuff of heaven and I have seen my self eat a block of that stuff. No joke.

But even Edam or something like a blue cheese is good stuff and tastes amazing.

**Are hear; my mouths starting to water. Thanks.**
Mmmm honestly i love cheese strings lol
Old 07-18-2018, 08:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightShadow View Post
I feel like you must have visited the Cheese web site at some point in your life! To add to your list, I can't forget blue cheese. I love some blue cheese on a burger. If you can get a homemade version of the dressing, it's great for salads as well. The chunkier the dressing the better.
Gotta be real careful with the application and choice of blue otherwise I find it overpowers nearly every other flavour in the burger, but damn straight it's awesome to that end IMO it suits a LARGE patty (I go 160g+ for blue burgers) and other bold flavours like a vinaigrette on some lettuce and red onion. HNGH.

And yes, I love that site also https://www.cheeseandburger.com
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Night Ninja

Quote:
And yes, I love that site also https://www.cheeseandburger.com
I've never seen that site until jus tnow... OMG, I hate you so much for this...