Favorite Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matrix, Godfather, Scarface, among many more. With well over 1,000 movies in my collection it is so hard to choose.

But Matrix would be my top. I went a bit nuts with that being a geek like i am. Got the comic books and a bunch of posters and everything. Interesting to see the transition from teh comic books to the movies. Was almost spot on with every frame.

Very good movie. the 2nd and 3rd movie were good. Just have to really get in depth with all the stuff that the Wachowski brothers did to understand it fully. Which i still dont. All the things that they did with the placement of people and other items to so references to everything from Religion to Geek on a PC. Just well done IMO.

Matrix, Godfather, Scarface, among many more. With well over 1,000 movies in my collection it is so hard to choose.

Very good movie. the 2nd and 3rd movie were good. Just have to really get in depth with all the stuff that the Wachowski brothers did to understand it fully. Which i still dont. All the things that they did with the placement of people and other items to so references to everything from Religion to Geek on a PC. Just well done IMO.

I consider that a cop-out by Matrix 2 and 3 fans because I hear that a lot. I understood them at one point and I still didn't like them. And I'm also not sure how actually starting to understand why they chose to head in a crappy direction would make someone end up liking it more anyway.

But that is your opinion. Do you understand every Religious reference? Do you understand the plaecment nad movement of each character? Like how you meet the guy from teh train station when Neo first went to see the French man and what the importance of that was?

You call it a cop out. I call it the truth. As i said i have not dived into everything they tried to do. But if you stop trying to read between every line and see the movie for what it was, they were good.

To see the highway scene in Reloaded was fantastic. The CG was spectacular. It looked flawless more so than most CG movies have.

So call it a cop out. That is fine. But that is my opinion which i am fully entitled to.

I do not think they headed in a bad direction. I think what they did with 2 & 3 was perfect. If people dont like it they never will. I always have. Plus as you see i said Matrix not the Matrix Trilogy. there is a difference. the Matrix was only the first movie. The Trilogy includes all 3. So by what i said i only like the first movie most.

As i said it was my opinion. Do i expect everyone to agree with it? No.

i understand the matrix movies just fine, i have them all, and watch them regularly, i have probably watched them over 100 times each.... i just like the first and second better then the last.

But that is your opinion. Do you understand every Religious reference? Do you understand the plaecment nad movement of each character? Like how you meet the guy from teh train station when Neo first went to see the French man and what the importance of that was?

You call it a cop out. I call it the truth. As i said i have not dived into everything they tried to do. But if you stop trying to read between every line and see the movie for what it was, they were good.

To see the highway scene in Reloaded was fantastic. The CG was spectacular. It looked flawless more so than most CG movies have.

So call it a cop out. That is fine. But that is my opinion which i am fully entitled to.

I do not think they headed in a bad direction. I think what they did with 2 & 3 was perfect. If people dont like it they never will. I always have. Plus as you see i said Matrix not the Matrix Trilogy. there is a difference. the Matrix was only the first movie. The Trilogy includes all 3. So by what i said i only like the first movie most.

As i said it was my opinion. Do i expect everyone to agree with it? No.

I wasn't aware that you were fully entitled to your opinion and that everything that you said happened to be your opinion.

matrix is great. But my favourite all time is Lord of the rings battle for middle earth.

It has a great musical score, fantastic battles, indepth and long. i love long films.

And all at once the thread turns into a Matrix sequel flame war. In less than 2 pages no less. Stick to the topic at hand people. No need to turn it into a matix sucks/doesnt suck thread.

I have now sat at the keyboard for ten minutes thinking of all of the movies that I like. I tried to narrow it down by thinking, "If I could only take one movie with me for a month on a deserted island, what would it be." I was thus able to narrow it down to Pirates of the Caribbean (I would want the entire trilogy), Bourne (again, want the whole series), or maybe Dirty Harry (same thing about all of them.)

Johnny Depp and Pirates probably wins out. Having seen many pirate movies before him, I believe that he is the best movie pirate ever. No on else comes close to capturing what a pirate probably was like in those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom