Favorite Books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tox1cThreat said:

The CooCoos Egg - I forget the author but it was a great book on actual events)

I agree.

Anything by Charles Bukowski
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - Philip ****
Brave New World - Huxley
1984 - Orwell
Art of deception - Kevin Mitnick
Bringing Down the House - Ben Mezrich (Really good story of MIT kids beating Vegas Blackjack)

And I am not too ashamed to admit I really liked the Harry Potter series.

Yea brave new world was good.. haha I was reading it for class, and my dads like, theyre still reading that? I had to read that when I was in school (hes over 50)

:p

Anne Rice books....well the ones about the Vampire Chronicles.

The Magic: The Gathering book series which follows the card game.

R.A Salvatore books

Alex Kava books

Dunno about a top 10.....but I can recommend books you MUST read:

-Dune - Frank Herbert

-Assassin's Apprentice...the whole farseer trilogy actually...awesome books - Robin Hobb

-The Elegant Universe - Brian Greene

-Under the Banner of Heaven - John Krakeur
---Into Thin Air
-------Into The Wild----All of these are MUST reads by John Krakeur

-A World Out of Time - Larry Niven
---Ringworld Trilogy

-Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge - Carlos Castaneda (fraud or not, his books are packed with deep teachings)

-Most stuff by Michael Crichton like: Sphere, Jurassic Park, The Lost World....almost all of his stuff is great.

hmmm I know there are more.....

only novels i ever read were ones that i was forced to read in highschool and U.. and i only ended up actually reading like 3 of them...

grade 6 - The Cay (boring)
grade 8 - where the red fern grows (pretty good)
1st yr U - Dissapearing Moon Cafe (also good)

those are the only 3 novels i've ever fully read! hehe.. i've read random chapters of novels throughout highschool and such.. but could never muster up the stamina to finish it. oh, and only reason i actually read the cay in grade 6 was that we read it in class chapter by chapter, hehe.

I recently read Eagle's Power by Haartsgard or however u spell it. The book is basically the viewpoint of America from other countries. Opens your eyes on America's foreign policies and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom