FarScape to return!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Chicago Tribune | The Watcher

'FarScape's' unlikely but welcome return

On Sunday at the TCA press tour, Sci Fi announced that the late, lamented outer-space series "Farscape" would be resurrected as an online entity.

The new live-action content will "revive and expand the beloved 'Farscape' universe," according to the channel's press release. According to Sci Fi general manager Dave Howe, the current thinking is that each of the 10 segments will be few minutes long.

The Web series will be executive produced by Brian Henson and Robert Halmi Jr and produced by the Jim Henson Company in association with RHI Entertainment.

“In terms of what part of that [‘Farscape'] universe it encompasses, I don't know,” said Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming for Sci Fi, who added that the deal for the online series had just been closed days ago, so very little was known about the new venture.

Stern also didn't know who'd be starring in the series, but he did say that “Farscape” star Ben Browder was “just finishing up the ‘Stargate [SG-1]' movies, so he's available.”

Browder, like “Farscape” co-star Claudia Black, were series regulars on “Stargate SG-1,” which just finished up its run for good.

I asked if the online “Farscape” content might possibly end up in Sci Fi's on-air schedule.

“I would love to see that happen,” Stern said. “That would be really interesting, wouldn't it, if it found a whole new life online and then we could put them on air,” possibly all in one single broadcast.

Browder has another project to keep him occupied, at least part of the time: Sci Fi also announced that it had picked up “Going Homer,” a miniseries he developed with “Farscape” director Andrew Prowse.

Here's Sci Fi's description of the project: “Greek and Roman deities walk among us, but only 12 year old Homer Ulysses Jones can see them for what they truly are. When Homer and his father are forced to flee a custody battle that would likely separate them, they journey from Los Angeles to the home of their ancestors – in Ithaca, N.Y. As they travel through the heart of Americana, Homer's eyes will be opened to a mystical landscape of capricious Gods; some will help our heroes, some will divert them and others will try to kill them to prevent them from reaching their ultimate goal – home.”

“We're really in early days,” with that project, Stern said. “We've bought the concept we're going to be attaching a writer to work with him and we're going to see where it's going to go. It's probably going to be a 6-hour miniseries. He and his partner have a full on story and an outline of where they want to go,” but the script has yet to be written, so there's no projected air date for the miniseries.

UPDATE: Because there is a lot of speculation about this, I double checked with Sci Fi, and the network confirmed that each episode of the "Farscape" Web series is projected to be a few minutes long. They are not going to do 10 full, 44-minute episodes for the Web. Each episode will be a few minutes long.

**** Yes!
Even though they more or less completed the entired wormhole weapon saga with the PeaceKeeper's War Movie / Mini Series, I still think that there is a lot of life left in FarScape. Hopefully these webisodes will lead to at least some new mini series or some direct to DVD Movie releases.

And besides they never did complete Dominar Rygel XVI story arc where he was suppose to return to power of this people.

I do wonder how much of the story board they are going to borrow from AD Vision. A few years back, AD Vision and some japanese animation studio was working on a animated FarScape. However nothing ever came of it.

Over all am looking forward to this one.

And there was much rejoicing.

Actually I never watched a single episode of FarScape. I never really liked much Sci-Fi shows other than ST:TNG.

And there was much rejoicing.

Actually I never watched a single episode of FarScape. I never really liked much Sci-Fi shows other than ST:TNG.

I suggest you look out of the box some time. There is more to sci-fi than just Star Trek.

FarScape was an awsome so. The first half of season 1 was a bit shakey. However once they start getting onto the Worm Hole Travel / Weapons meta plot (Season 1 Episode 10), it gets really good.

I suggest you look out of the box some time. There is more to sci-fi than just Star Trek.

Thing is, I have and didn't see much I liked, in fact I don't really like any other series of Star Trek other than TNG.

I guess I just can't get into any TV series other than comedy and discovery/history channel shows. Sci-Fi is a little too hit and miss for me. I liked the Stargate movie, but I don't like the show, and I tried watching some shows off the Sci-Fi channel and still not much. Even still, I hardly watch TV anymore as it is. When I'm not working or going to school, I am usually on my computer, not much TV.

I wonder if they are going to be filming it down in Australia again.

I just loved out they aways tried to pass of Darling Harbour or Homebush Bay as Nasa florida. Not to mention the number of times they used the Blue Mountains as some alien planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom