F-150 Truck I test drove today

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

has 160k miles on it, but is basically a top of the line truck, decent condition, i can tell its been wrecked from the front bumper (look close in the pic), has custom exhaust that at first i thought was too loud but now i think sounds pretty bad *** and sounds normal over 30 mph but makes me worry if it'll pass emissions. Has a door ajar light on that won't go away, had 3 owners.....

Might offer the dude $4800 or 5 g's or so for it Saturday. Just wanna pay cash, want a cheap f150 to drive for year or two, my work is 4 miles away, girlfriend 1 mile, gym is 2 miles, don't need to go anywhere far ever. Thoughts?

a FORD WITH 160k Miles for 5,000 is this an *AS IS sale* if it is PLEASE do not buy it. sorry but your getting ripped off to ****. if this is a 2001. get a toyota or honda and this high mileage. My dad and brother are Mechanics...

FORD WITH 160k Miles for 5,000 is this an *AS IS sale* if it is PLEASE do not buy it.sry but your getting ripped off to ****. if this is a 2001. get a toyota or honda and this high mileage. My dad and brother are Mechanics...

I agree, 160,000 miles is way too much for a ford. And its not diesel. I would look for something with less miles.

I think for that price you might be able to get something a little better.

As well, remember that trucks don't get good mileage (if that matters to you).

Do you need a truck? Or just a vehicle and could get a car?

I just had a quick search, so don't over-criticize what I picked;) What about something like this?

Comparable amount of miles on it. But this make/model will handle those miles better than an F150, as long as it has been maintained well.

For that pickup thats about the right price. Check out New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site. Thats a very accurate resource for used car pricing and its what most dealers use. It values that truck right about the price thatt guy is asking. It is a lot of miles and it all depends on how well it was taken care of. I have a '97 f-150 with 120,000 miles on it still runs great with no problems whatsoever. I would just suggest maybe having a mechanic you trust take a look at it and make sure everything is in good condition. Good luck in your search :)

thx for the advice fellas, i'll post another deal when if find one to get some feedback.

that f-150 is priced below kelly blue book, but i can tell had a rough 163000 miles on it, so will keep looking

dealers do not use KBB they use Edmunds, 2nd of all they will drop the price from a listing more than 500 if they want to

160K Miles is like 6 Times round the WORLD. Could you go around the world 6 times and be OK, i dont think so ... Same applies for a car, any car, especially a Ford.

Dad's '84 Ford had over 300K on it, with a 300 straight six. He finally traded it, but went back to buy it back and the dealer wouldn't sell it back to him.

Pickups hold value. Even a ragged out pickup is worth money.

Makes me wish I had kept that old '80 Dodge... had dual gas tanks.

dealers do not use KBB they use Edmunds, 2nd of all they will drop the price from a listing more than 500 if they want to

I guess maybe I overstated when I said "dealers" use kelly blue book. I should have said "a lot of dealers use kelly blue book." Every salesman I've talked to, 6 dealerships in my area, all said they use blue book. And yes, I am aware that they will drop the price below the estimated value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom