Explosion in hometown

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMMteo

In Runtime
My hometown of Eau Claire, Wisconsin does have its exciting moments. But let me tell you, yesterday really was something else.

We have a waste managment place that disposes and recycles chemicles (Not human waste). Evidently there was an eletrical fire that went from small...to this....

YouTube - Plant Fire in Eau Claire, WI - 6/22/2007 - Video 2
^Heres a side view of some of the smaller explosions.

And the grand daddy of them all which approached a height of almost 400 Feet....YouTube - Plant Fire in Eau Claire, WI - 6/22/2007 - Video 1

The police department ended up blocking highway 93, and parts of 94. Also a 1 mile radius around the plant was evacuated as well. Along with many other businesses throughout the city for the fear of toxic chemicals in the air.

After hearing that they were evacuating a mile radius around the area I figured it was due to the toxic chemicals. Yes, but I was also very wrong. I ended up talking to a few of the firefighters and one of the dnr officials about the situation. They said chemicals were of great concern but evidently there were 2 large chemical/gas holding tanks (2000 pounds) that if they would have exploded it would have wiped out an area of 1-2 miles...completely.

Defiantly something that I dont see every day so I thought I would give you a brief overview of what I saw yesterday as well as many around the nation.

The best thing that ever happened in my village is some lad got his leg snapped in half because he damaged some mans bench outside a pub.

Consider yourself lucky to have such fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom