Explain to me how my car knows it is out of warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called the Odometer... See it reaches a certain milage, than the clock kicks in.... Week later Blam, the doors fall off.

That might be true, except my car is 12000 miles UNDER when the warranty ends. My warranty ran out due to the 4 year period.

I miss the good old days of being able to repair my own car. I have a 64 bug sitting in my parents storage just waiting until i get a garage.

There is a timebomb in the car. It goes off after a certain time period. Since not all cars reach teh milage they have it set to the time when the warranty expires. If you got the extended warranty they bring it back in and reset teh timer.

There is a timebomb in the car. It goes off after a certain time period. Since not all cars reach teh milage they have it set to the time when the warranty expires. If you got the extended warranty they bring it back in and reset teh timer.

Whats funny is that i had the car in 2 days before the warranty was up to have the oil changed and check out what i thought was a bad bearing. I swear they know. THEY KNOW!

I miss the good old days of being able to repair my own car. I have a 64 bug sitting in my parents storage just waiting until i get a garage.

looks like its time to get a basic degree in automotive.

Im pretty good with them myself...i plan to install intake and headers myself.

See what happens when you buy "german engineering" :p

I want to install headers on my car, aside from the fact that a set of Kooks long tubes run about $685.
I have to remove an engine mount and half my steering rack to fit them.

In a modern car half the engine and problems are computer related there is so much technology in there its extremely difficult to fix with just a casual interest in engineering. Mine has even more tech as I installed a Carpc which also monitors engine management :p whilst drive and dictate a last minute essay to word lol

I took a year or automotive engineering which helped a bit.

But yeah lots of electronics in todays engines.

Oh i know plenty enough about vehicles. But with all the electronics and proprietary crap they put in vehicles these days, its just not worth it to try to fix it yourself.

Anyhoo, turns out it was the waterpump. Shocking i know, i mean a vw with a bad waterpump? What are the odds.... Somehow its under warranty still, but its going to cost me 450 to have the timing belt replaced while they are in there. Still better than the 1100 it would have cost me when it comes due in another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom