eXeem public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I now that this can be a bit of a touchy subject, but according to the site formally known as suprnova.org :-
eXeem Public Beta is most likely to be released next week!
For those people that don't know, it supose to be the combination of Kazaar and BitTorrnet (what ever that is supose to mean)

Personally i am not holding my breath. I am a little turned off with the idea of having ad on my computer. (But some thing has to pay the devs after all).

There are some interesting features on how you comment and rate the files. I am under the impressesion that they trying to subsiture a lot of the BT sites that are currently out there with this client.

As I sead, I am not holding my breath at this stage. I'll check it out, but I not putting my hopes up.

What are your thoughts on eXeem?

I think the initial beta is winblows only, im sure someone will port it to other platforms or bram cohen will come up with something better when his paypal $$ dries up now that bittorrent is under duress

horndude said:
I think the initial beta is winblows only, im sure someone will port it to other platforms or bram cohen will come up with something better when his paypal $$ dries up now that bittorrent is under duress
Yeah, at this stage is only the Windows OS that is getting eXeem. Mac and Linux versions will need to wait.

GameGURU said:
Wait...is it still a p2p program cuz if it is, it will just get shut down again.

not if its decentralized it wont, which is how most new stuff starts on the process of being distributed to begin with

example, movies, somebody who works in a theater,film industry, or dvd factory gets their hands on a screener copy, they give it to someone near the top of the very private pirate pyramids, it gets looked at and shared, maybe changed a bit, cleaned up, edited, reformatted, shared some more, then dumped onto a bittorrent site OR with something like eXeem it never gets dumped anywhere, it stays in one place, no torrent to upload, instead eXeem finds other eXeem clients and sees what they have and it goes from there, like direct connect combined with bittorrent, multiple eXeem users with the same file create a swarm just like bittorrent, now the MPAA or RIAA has to target individual users, and im guessing you can bounce it thru a proxy server making you invisible

dot said:
nope, got to pay to use it
Not from what I was told. According to the interview with Suprnova.org's Dev, it's going to be free, but their will be ads.

Or did he change his mind since that interview on Dec 30th?

horndude said:
not if its decentralized it wont, which is how most new stuff starts on the process of being distributed to begin with

example, movies, somebody who works in a theater,film industry, or dvd factory gets their hands on a screener copy, they give it to someone near the top of the very private pirate pyramids, it gets looked at and shared, maybe changed a bit, cleaned up, edited, reformatted, shared some more, then dumped onto a bittorrent site OR with something like eXeem it never gets dumped anywhere, it stays in one place, no torrent to upload, instead eXeem finds other eXeem clients and sees what they have and it goes from there, like direct connect combined with bittorrent, multiple eXeem users with the same file create a swarm just like bittorrent, now the MPAA or RIAA has to target individual users, and im guessing you can bounce it thru a proxy server making you invisible

The main question that every one has with eXeem is how much Anonymousity. Like if one has to regerister via a email for eXeem or use a user name long it, then we can forget about that.

The problem with the MPAA or RIAA and another else with a beef against the P2P networks is "WHO DO YOU SUE?"
:question: Program Developers :- not likely as they just provide the means. It's like trying to sue H&K for manufacturing a guns which are used in arm hold ups. Currently the Kazaar Devs are getting taken to court just because people are using their service for distribution on copyrighted material and Kazaar is refusing poeple like the MPAA, RIAA and COPYRIGHT COUNCIL OF AUST (Kazaar was devolped in Australia) access to their date base of Email and IP Address of who uses their networks.

:question: End-User :- At the end of the day, some of these people are just kids downloading music and movies because "all their freinds do it". And the along comes the MPAA or RIAA or Sony wanting to sue 14 year old tens of thousand of dollars. Only to have this thrown out as they do not have that sort of money.

:question: Torrent Site Owners :- Prolly your best bet. But good luck at getting them when the server is in russia (or some other foreign country) that does not recognise copyright laws.

And thus the vicous circle contrinues.

Yeah, thats a good point. Most of the torrent sites I have seen are in Germany or Austria. I am not sure why other than the fact that they might not recognize copyrights and such, but when you think about it most of the software that has come out for cracking and stuff comes from Germany originally.

OK. so eXeem comes onto the scene...and if the MPAA or whatever joke organization try's to sue someone and the only ones they can sue is kids...they just shot themselves in the foot. We tend to have a vindictive attitude about things like that, so then the kids wont support the company.

Anyhoo, this is an interesting program idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom