Exaggerators .... Pfft..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I caught a buddy of mine back home in a bit of a 'lie'..

First of all, he wanted me to clean his rig up and get it to run a little better... So I did the basics, and then he does nothing but complain about it later on..

Anyway.... He told me he built his rig.. I said, "Oh, I thought you had Aaron build it for you?" He said yeah, but he picked out all the parts... Which was weird because at the time he wanted me to build it for him so I picked out a bunch of stuff for him and he didn't go my way, oh well, no problem.. He doesn't know how to build a computer and I KNOW this.. He couldn't even clean his out correctly to get it to run at optimal condition. It's an Intel C2D CPU w/ a Gigabyte MoBo and a Basic GPU.

I asked him, "Oh, what kind of RAM you got in there????"

Him- Oh, well....... the ... uh... Sticks.... I dunno...

Me- You didn't build it.. I know you didn't...

He kept denying it and said that he did.. I told him it's like your car, you should know EXACTLY what parts you put in there if you built it... You ask me anything about my computer and I'll tell you ever stinkin square inch of it..

Anyway.. His G/F had to tell me to be quiet because he was gonna start gettin steamed at me... He's not known for exaggerating, but I caught him on that one.

Just thought I'd share...

Weird man, I wonder why there's people that can't swallow their pride when it comes to building their own stuff. I used to see some of that when I repaired computers, people would come in bragging they built it and how much they knew about PCs but yet they couldn't get windows to load or it wouldn't POST and they wanted to pay me $100+ to fix it.

^ I'd love to make money fixin computers.. Gonna take microsoft or C++ courses soon.

!?

Microsoft or C++ courses? Coding doesn't help with repairing computers... unless your fixing software bugs?

Your supposed to get certifications and such for actually putting together computers and such. There's a forum showing what you need and talking about it on here somewhere.

I will talk to people looking at higher-end games in stores to find out about their computer. I have met a few, very few, who knew their stuff. I have met several who would spout off about have a P4 "the fastest thing on the planet" or some ancient video card... while looking at Crysis or something.

And of course there are those who don't have a clue but have read a few computer magazines. They are always good for a laugh.

I could tell you exactly what has been in my pc ever since I built it 2 years ago and I have nearly gone full circle on parts. The only thing I forget at times is my monitor model code. I have the benefit of a near photographic memory though. I could not tell you about individual parts of my car though apart from a turbo plate that an ex-gf got me lol because I drive like a mad man and quite good with optimising the 1.2L engine through gear control and gas guzzling. I want to build a car pc but haven't got around to it yet.

And of course there are those who don't have a clue but have read a few computer magazines. They are always good for a laugh.

I get these about once every 2 months or so. These are the people that have desided to buy thier first computer, or upgrade that really old 6 year old computer. So they figured that they are going to by a few magazines like PC User or APC or PC Authority. Then suddenly they become a computer expert. However they start going on about how they need a computer with the latest expensive chipset and big video card.... and all they are using it for is to surf the internet and MS word.

What buggs me is is people who equate cost to longevity, you may have spent £2000 on your desktop 10 years go that's no reason to think that it is still a decent computer, same goes for cost - suitability. I can sell you a dog turd for a million but its still a dog turd.

Weird man, I wonder why there's people that can't swallow their pride when it comes to building their own stuff. I used to see some of that when I repaired computers, people would come in bragging they built it and how much they knew about PCs but yet they couldn't get windows to load or it wouldn't POST and they wanted to pay me $100+ to fix it.

Epic.

My first laptop was £1600 5 years ago :eek: still use it not a bad little speed demon 15" screen, 40gb hdd, 1.6ghz Penitum M and 1gb of ram thinking of installing windows 7 on it. The main flaw is that its no longer "portable" the battery will only charge when It feels like it which is a bugger as its a on power control chip problem not batter or charger making it more expensive to fix then the laptop is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom