Ever Broke A Bone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, all my bones are working fine. I may of damaged my bone in my little finger, as I could only wiggle it, literaly just a slight twitch, but that was a couple of years back. (didn't go to hospital, there is no way I was going to wait in A & E on a friday night for several hours to find out.)

I have been to the hospital several times due to my asthma. I will find out in about a year if I don't have it, as I haven't had symptons in years.

No broken bones for me (knocking on wood), and I hope NEVER. I have though, had many emergency trips to the hospital...

I've broken a few fingers from playing basketball, and one from baseball in second grade. Sorry about your collar bone.

FireFox said:
Never broke any bones but had quite a few close calls. Mostly on my dirtbike. Only been to the ER once and that was when I was 3 and I got stung in the eye by a bee. Who says they don't sting until they land? >_<

Speaking of eyes my dad hooked me in the eye when we were fishing.

O and 5 years ago i told someone "you know i've never broken a bone" and the next week i hit a patch of ice while skiing and hit a tree. Needless to say the tree won. I was in a cast for 5 months. And my dad had the nerve to make fun of me and then fell in the parking lot the next year and broke his ankle...poetic justice i guess.

H4x3r said:
how many of yall have broken a bone??? haha thursday night i was racing my dirtbike and I took a double and landed not so strait...so long story short i flew over the handle bars, landed on my shoulder, and broke my collar bone. So now i have to wear this sling for a month....
I never have (I'm too good to break bones :) ), but my gf has, unfortunately :(. It's something I plan to never do.

never broke a bone, but had some crappy incidents a few times, i have subluxed my right knee several times(almost dislocating but it goes back in on its own with no doctors or anything, )just swells up real bad and cant run or anything for a week or 2, separated the growth plate in my right ankle, and completely dislocated my left knee last october, that was fun:D gym class playing soccer in front yard of school, theres pot holes EVERYWHERE in front of the school. so someone kicks the ball a few hundred feet in the air( or so it seemed) and im the only one goin for it, i head it, and my heels are half an in ch of the ground, i keep running, and if anyone knows wat its like when u pretty much black out for just a second and lose control of everything, yea that happend, the top half of my leg wanted to go one way, the bottom half the other way and i dislocated my knee, layin on the ground for 20 minutes before an ambulance came, sat in the ambulance 8 minutes before they moved, 20 minutes to hospital, first time on a heart monitor, first time on oxygem first time for morphine:D, first ambulance trip, first for a lot of stuff, got to the hospital, and im layin there another half hour before anything happens, knee is getting VERY stiff, and believe me, the WORST part of ANY of it was when the doc put it back in, so my knee is bent in a 90º degree angle, he pulls me leg straight as he pushes the knee cap back into place(its sitting completely off to the left of my knee joints) and after that they take exrays, can barely move my leg into positions cuz its so sore. the best part of it all, im out of gym class for 6 weeks:D

Never broken a bone that I know of. Sprained both ankles, at least twice, dislocated my thumb during a football game, (kept playing of course). I can make weird clicky sounds with my pinky from football, I think I might have sprained both of my knees from football (they still hurt when I walk/run/stand for a long time). I can bend my ring finger back really far (never used to be able to I think I might have broke it, not sure, don't care, only hurts on occassion :D). Got a few concussions from football (I gotta stop running into people with my head down). And got hit in my elbow by a 200 pound guy that was on my team (it still hurts). After one of my football games, that last thing I remembered seeing before I fell asleep was my room spinning around. Ah good times. -[Wo0t!]- to football, can't wait for college ball to start! :D

never broke a bone, but had some crappy incidents a few times, i have subluxed my right knee several times(almost dislocating but it goes back in on its own with no doctors or anything, )just swells up real bad and cant run or anything for a week or 2, separated the growth plate in my right ankle, and completely dislocated my left knee last october, that was fun gym class playing soccer in front yard of school, theres pot holes EVERYWHERE in front of the school. so someone kicks the ball a few hundred feet in the air( or so it seemed) and im the only one goin for it, i head it, and my heels are half an in ch of the ground, i keep running, and if anyone knows wat its like when u pretty much black out for just a second and lose control of everything, yea that happend, the top half of my leg wanted to go one way, the bottom half the other way and i dislocated my knee, layin on the ground for 20 minutes before an ambulance came, sat in the ambulance 8 minutes before they moved, 20 minutes to hospital, first time on a heart monitor, first time on oxygem first time for morphine, first ambulance trip, first for a lot of stuff, got to the hospital, and im layin there another half hour before anything happens, knee is getting VERY stiff, and believe me, the WORST part of ANY of it was when the doc put it back in, so my knee is bent in a 90º degree angle, he pulls me leg straight as he pushes the knee cap back into place(its sitting completely off to the left of my knee joints) and after that they take exrays, can barely move my leg into positions cuz its so sore. the best part of it all, im out of gym class for 6 weeks
ouch

Have broken both bones in my left forearm (I was 5 years old, and jumped off of a slide.)

My senior year, I royally screwed my ankle up in a Friday night football game. Athletic trainer came in on Monday, took a look at it, and told me that I had possible broken something, and that I shouldn't play football anymore. You can imagine what I told him. Coach let me out of practice for the week to ice my ankle. That Friday, wrapped it up, and I played short series on defense. Back to practice the next week.

Bad thing is, 7 years later, and my ankle still bothers me. Never have had that xray, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom