ever bodys favorite band

Status
Not open for further replies.
i listen to from autumn to ashes and sense fail and alkaline trio, mxpx, nofx, rage againts the machines, atreyu

The foos, particularly their early work. I found their new album to be no where near as good as the first. RATM and Audioslave are good (Rage are better though I think). Black Rebel Motorcycle Club I like aswell although their first album was nothing in comparison to the second. I like some of the stuff done by the pixies aswell. In contrast, I also like the Chemical Brothers as they make a change from general rock music and the Beastie Boys who I like because of the variety of music genres that they cover.

wow here goes...(by the way i am listing them in order, first being my favorite)...Also note that these are just ROCK bands. I love many classical composers.

1-Metallica !!!!
2-Pearl Jam
3-System of a Down
4-Evanescence
5-Led Zeppelin
6-Soundgarden
7-Linkin Park
8-The Mars Volta
9-Coldplay
10-Dave Matthews Band

impressive list of bands in this thread...

I would say my current favorite band is Death Cab for Cutie (that is what is in the CD player now)... But my tastes in music change as the weeks go by.

I try to give pop a chance once in a while, that is until my ears start to bleed, then I'll switch the radio over to clasic rock for a bit until i hear all the good songs over and over, 4/4 time gets boring after a while... Jams though :)

then i'll throw in one of the many cds i have that i made that doesn't have anything written on it , no titles, no idea whats on it, and it may be a mix of some thing like:

Orbital, Aphex Twin, Dandy Worhols, Green Day, Dave Mathews, The Clash, Black Rebel Motocycle club, Blink 182, Kings Of Leon, Pearl Jam (gotta Love the 90's), Social Distorsion, Us3, Bob Mould, Echo and the Bunnymen, Jack Johnson, the list goes on,
the point is..

how can you pick just one band as your favorite, music is amazing to me, there are so many styles and forms of it, i dont know how i could ever decide what my favorite is, everyday i hear something new that makes me want to investigate a new type of music... There were some bands listed on this thread that i am going to look up and see what i think...

to the people that list one band, or that list a few bands that all play the same music, open your mind a bit, there is a lot out there to appreciate
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom