Euro 2004!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Beckham didn't and still hasnt got a very good penalty record (even though he scored against Argentina he hit it almost straight down the middle and the keeper almost saved it) I think Vassel should have taken it. I think it would have been to much pressure for the youngster Rooney though.

I think England need another keeper though. James is prone to pretty much make one big mistake most games.

I think Beckam is really overated. People get hyped up about him and have never seen him play soccer. (Bend it like Beckam)

I agree there is alot of media frenzy surrounding him most of the time, however he is a very talented player and I would put him in the "World Class" group of players. Of course there will always be better players such as Ronaldino.

i do not care about the penalty missing, but his overall performance for the day was not close to world class. It was dissapointing to see them do everything right and then when the 3 subs came on, everything fell apart.

Yeh,

his performance was a little dissapointing. I felt that Rooney should have stayed on the pitch. I think bringing Hargreaves on for Scholes was a good idea, mainly because it tightened up the midfield and Owen wasnt doing much an so that substitution was worth while I felt.

After the subs came on we did manage to hold possesion for longer than we had been in that half but one foul cost us it.

hmm, how about the rest of the games guys? this is a European event! did you see what Sweden did to Bulgaria?

it looked like a good game...i missed it tho.

that has inspired me to turn on the telly and see whats going on.

psst - please shrink the size of your sig sub :)

I dont get the games here in NC. You have to pay 20 something dollars for each. I can only afford to watch a few of the games.

Anyone see the Germany v Holland game earlier? Van Nistelrooy scored a great goal. The game ended 1-1, which is what I predicted, if not a holland win. Germnay did look the better side in the game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom