err, thinking i might be getting scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man i wish i could get away with reading somethingawful here at work. I miss all those fun threads.

Your getting scammed.. I've seen this before at my old work we were selling 500,000$ worth of lights to someone in south africa and the check ended up being from someone in maine. Don't shipping your comp there if you have the check, report them to the US Marshalls office.

But I don't see how... Lemme explain...

So I posted my whole comp on craigslist and I got the usual 5 emails f rom scammers. Sometimes for fun I play along to see how they will scam me and cut it off with a nasty email. Anyway, I got the typical "i want to buy this now, i will send yout his much blah blah" but they offered to pay with check and to come pick it up. Still they offered way more than what I was selling it at (the same comp I have been trying to sell here, they sent me a check for 2800). SHipped DHL and the routing stuff was like through Dubai but the check was from someone named yvette in rhode island. Anyway, keeping going with it, I took it to the bank and asked about it. They put a 5 business day hold on it to wait for it to clear because of the concern I expressed. They said if it was a fake then it would just be removed from my account plus a 5 dollar charge. I deposited it and the 5 days have gone by no problem. the hold cleared and now I am concerned to even touch it, you know?

What do you guys think? I mean if it was a fake or a scam it would have been caught in those 5 days, thats why they put the hold on it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

congratulations...you've been scammed.

you didn't think something was fishy when they offered you more than you were asking for it? lol..... and lol routing through dubai???

thats lame... now you got teaser money...

that really sucks.. if they are bs'n you... now you're out of a computer.... and money... for your sake.. i hope you werent scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom