• c. 64mb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • d. 128mb

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy, it is my choice to have children or not. The point of life in its simplist terms is to survive. Since the human population can and will survive without me having to reproduce, i think the basic need to survive will be fufilled.

I do not live on the coast, I am not directly effected.
I won't live to be dramatically affected, how long has it taken so far? Hundreds of years since we started the fossil fuel thing? I'll be long gone before I would feel any dramatic effects.
I will not bring kids into this messed up world. Therefore my offspring will not be effected.

I hope this answers your questions

I am truely sorry if my personal opinion has offended any of you. I do not tell you to live the way I live or to think the way I think. Therefore you should not care what I think and how I live.

Thank you,
Matthew Horak

I voted not concerned.

But I would like to say that this is only how I feel about the subject 'at this time' Meaning, in fifty years if I'm still not dead, and the icecaps have melted and begun to flood the earth, then I might worry about it. But until there is scientific proof that all of ths will 'for sure, without a doubt' happen, then I'm not particularly concerned. Besides, even if we, the human population, completely stopped 'endangering' the environment(which at this point in time is impossible) The effects of what we have already done would continue to haunt us and future generations. And since the Ozone etc is not designed to 'rebuild' itself, then it is only my opinion that the damage done will only become greater in time, human caused or not.

(PS< this is post 666 for me and it's a bit strange for it to be here. "The end is nigh!!" :p)

When humans make themselves extinct, by that time or later life will form on another planet in the solarsystem, they look at Earth like we look at Mars or Jupiter and think what the hell, no atmosphere?
Life was never on that planet.

I am a little drunk when writing this reply... but,

You have all been diluted by Government responses when answering Environmental Issues.

By 2050 (almost 45 years for the mathematically challenged) sea levels will have riased by nearly 80cm (78cm), causing almost 200 million (~150m) people to move out of their homes.

The problem is a lot closer than people think, the 7 most hottest years in history were in the 1990's.

What exactly is a Liberal? A human? I am not much for politics; the environment has nothing to do with politics and government.

I believe in my own survival, and if the problem was "500 years" away, then I wouldn't personally care. This problem will effect me in my life time, I really don't want it to.

TheMajor said:
at least 500years I think

I think a lot shorter than that.

Okay, i am not about to go in say that things will dramically change like they did in THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW, but i have to say that in the last 10 years our climate has been changing.

Like thing about this, we have been living on this rock for a few thousand years. However it's only been since the birth of the Industrial Age (Year 1900), it has been leading to effects in things like the Pollution and Ozone Layer.

One thing that my high school agriculture teacher ('93 to '95) was telling me about is this :-
"I (my teacher) will not be dealing it, but there is a good chance you (the student) will"

Like the enviromental impact is all ready happening for me down here. Australia has been in a drought for the last few year.
We are feeling the effect too.
Like our water supplies are below 50%. And for the last 12 months, the goverment has been appling Water Use Restrictions

Down here, winters are getting shorter and shorter. This year, I think there was about 2 weeks where I was saying that "Oh my god, it's cold."

Over all, it is going to be a problem that we (my generation and the next) is going to have to suffer with, deal with and clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom