entering several queries at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

linda234

Beta member
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this. What I am basically trying to do now is submit several queries at once, i.e. several names into a 'whitepages' search engine and retrieve all the results at once. Anyone have any ideas? I greatly appreciate it, thanks.

modify this?

heres some javascript that I had laying around on my HD...
rename it to .html. You should be able to modify it to do what you want..

Attachments

• subsetup1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 24
Thanks so much gruntwerk for that file. It is definitely useful. However, and it's totally my fault, I apologize, I may have not been clear in the question. I meant kinda the opposite of what your search script does. Instead of searching several search engines at once, Is there a way to type in several queries into one search engine, such as for the whitepages.com or in general like google. Or am I restricted to querying one at a time? Any input or direction will be most appreciated. Thanks to everyone who helped.

I tried several searches using a comma for delineation, but that didn't work. I don't know if that is possible. Would doing an advanced search with Google (or some other SE) help? There are several fields for the search word.

Dave :D

modify the script so it has more than one text box and point it to the same search engine more than once...

I will look into posting this later if i get a chance... Im in 3rd shift this week and cant really get my mind into programming if I find time to get on the computer...

If you mod the script to have more than one text box and search the same engine with textbox1, and textbox2, and textbox3... it would work... Still not alert enuf to tackle the mods myself...

Dl the toobar of the company ie google. Set it to open searches in new page and you just have to type and click in a new toolbar to get all of them.

Thanks for all your help

I would like to thank everyone for their input thus far. I am starting to get a better idea as to how to approach this problem because of all your comments. I am a little surprised that there is no script that solves this issue. I will look into it more. Thanks again. Feel free to share more of your thoughts, as I think this would benefit many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom