English Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
its that time again!!

i'm hoping that the recent world cup has convinced you to like soccer.. as its that time of year again where the leagues across europe begin play (some have already started).

the world cup thread was popular, so hopefully it has gotten some of you to be more interested in soccer.

I am a huge fan of the premiership. i like other leagues as well, but due to broadcasting shortages of soccer here in north america, the premeirship is all i get to see. Tomorrow (erm.. later today.. saturday...in about 3 hours) the first games of the season will start. here in canada sportsnet broadcasts the games.. hope some ppl will get a chance to watch.

This season is gonna be really exciting because we have a good 4 teams competing for the title.. chelsea will most likely win it again.. but its not as lopsided as the previous 2 years... as liverpool and manchester united still have really good chances since they both went shopping in the off season and are lookin pretty strong. arsenal will also be a contender for the top 2 spots.

if americans want other countries to like them, they can start by liking the same sports :p

Its gonna be a great season.

Chelsea or Liverpool.

Man Utd = no chance this season.

1.Chelsea
2.Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4.Tottenham
5.Arsenal

lol i dissagree!!

manU had a great run towards the end of the season, only difference is now, they got rid of van nisterooy, which only makes them better :p, and they picked up michael carrick, who i believe will fit in alright.. although i don't see the 15million pounds sir alex sees. liverpool was strong last year, and are even stronger this year... and chelsea... can't wait to see sheva in action (we already saw that one goal against liverpool.. pure skill!!)

so.. here are my top 4

1) chelsea
2) man U
3) liverpool
4) arsenal

lol, i just realized thats exactly the same is last season.. oh well.. i think its true. although i think manU could use another striker..

Haha, well it will be close.

Since Liverpool beat Chelsea in the Charity Shield, I think Liverpool are now a stronger team than ManUtd but wont be good enough in the long run to beat Chelsea to title.

Getting rid of their top goal scorer who scored 21 goals last season was not a good move imo :D
Along with the Owen hargreaves transfer which is about to fall through it isnt looking good for them ;)

Lol It could be same top 4 as last season but if Cole moves from Arsenal to Chelsea, I think Tottenham will finish above Arsenal.

Btw I agree, Sheva's goal was magnificent!

When they put soccer players is pseudo-armor, have them square off face to face, and allow full contact bone-crushing takedowns... I might tune in.

Nothing like watching gridiron and seeing a few guys get pulverized and carried off the field... Ahh, America!

Gridiron? Takedowns? If you're happy watching rugby for rednecks, you carry on. Weirdo.

Everton for the title!!!

everton.gif

lol..

well the thing with soccer is that since its played with feet, the tackling and everything happen with feet, and they're a LOT more painful than someone bumping into you really hard, or someone tackling you with a head-first lunge. there's a lot more power in feet.. so it might seem like nothing.. but to me its more dangerous than football, where the tackles are relatively safe and people are padded to the moon.

tackles are relatively safe? So why is it people come out with career ending injuries in the sport?

Personally I hate football and soccer so I'm not going one way or the other, but I REALLY hate soccer. It's ridiculous how people get so crazy over it.

But yeah....too say that football is safe just because they are padded is quite ignorant. It's not people 'bumping' into you...it's massive walls of human muscle slamming into you. That's why people get concussions, but more times than not, it's leg injuries.

tackles are relatively safe? So why is it people come out with career ending injuries in the sport?

people get career ending injuries in all sports.. even basketball.. where there's hardly any contact.. you could even get injured playing water polo. i didn't say that football is safe.. but its relatively safe.. since the tackles are intended to bring the opposition down, where in soccer, its usually an attempt at the ball and accidentally (or not) catching the player.. and it can easily get vicious. you'll have 2 guys kicking with all their might in the same direction, and that power could end up on someone's groin, or sometimes they'll be sliding in with so much momentum they could easily take out someone's knee.

But yeah....too say that football is safe just because they are padded is quite ignorant. It's not people 'bumping' into you...it's massive walls of human muscle slamming into you. That's why people get concussions, but more times than not, it's leg injuries.

thats me, mr. ignorant. thx for enlightening me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom