english --> chinese electronic dictionaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
Hey, I'm looking for one of those english --> chinese, chinese---> english electronic dictionaries where you type the phrase and it reads out the translation. Does anyone know any good brands or whatever, I'm kind of stuck here and need one ASAP.

Any help apprieciated. Thanks

don't worry man, your english isn't too bad... you don't need one of those.....

:p

Hrm...if you find one let me know where you found it. :p

I have a buddy who's Chinese.....his parents only speak Chinese, but he speaks Chinese, Japanese, and English.

Oh you want a physical, stick it in your pocket device that will do it?

My friend who came from China has one, but it was like $550...

not only that but babelfish is quite possibly the worst thing to use.

I guess if you only need a word or so it's fine, but if you get into a normal sentence with subject, verb, object and/or adjectives then you'll get a very screwed up sentence.

I don't know of one, but once school starts I'm sure I could find out. I see a ton of asian students walking around with those things.

That's cool, guess I'll ebay and google tommorow to see what results I get, I'm so tired right now. Thanks guys

If you can write a computer program that can understand a languages, translate them into a concept/idea and then produce the same concept/idea in another language, then go right ahead, until then, I'll stick to babelfish for what little translation I need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom