Engineering Calculators

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I'm currently an EE student and I was curious what kind of calculators I should consider purchasing? I recently gave my TI-83+ to my little brother as he needs it for 9th grade. I'm looking to purchase one very good calculator that an EE would need.

If you have any ideas/experiences, please let me know.

I was thinking about this one:

Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...0051&langId=-1&productId=103066&cmArea=SEARCH

sorry... .can't help myself...

2137M.jpg

My old man always complains about how no one usues slide rules anymore.... Can't say I have every used one.

Haha, yeah I just bought the Ti-89 Titanium :) It seems great so far, now I just have to switch from my TI-83+ mode to my Ti-89 Titanium mode.

Ethereal_Dragon said:
sorry... .can't help myself...

2137M.jpg

My old man always complains about how no one usues slide rules anymore.... Can't say I have every used one.

WHOA! One of my friends was dragging one of those around school...strange little things.

Just remember, you have a very small list of calculators that you can take to the FE and PE exams. I don't know how far you are in school, but you have to keep looking at those two exams.

I've got lucky and took the FE exam before they outlawed the TI-83. Now, I have to prepare for the PE in the next couple of years, and get a new calculator to take to that.

If anyone is interested:

The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) has approved a list of calculators for the April and October 2006 exam administrations. The following models are the only calculators that will be permitted in the examination room for the 2006 exam administrations:

* Hewlett Packard
* HP-9s
* HP-30s
* HP-33s
* Casio
* FX 115 MS
* FX 115 MS Plus
* FX 115 ES

(Note: FX 115 ES and MS models with an SR designation are also allowed.)
* Texas Instruments
* TI-30X A or (TI 30Xa)
* TI-30X IIS
* TI-30X IIB
* TI-36X Solar

Pratik said:
If anyone is interested:

The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) has approved a list of calculators for the April and October 2006 exam administrations. The following models are the only calculators that will be permitted in the examination room for the 2006 exam administrations:

* Hewlett Packard
* HP-9s
* HP-30s
* HP-33s
* Casio
* FX 115 MS
* FX 115 MS Plus
* FX 115 ES

(Note: FX 115 ES and MS models with an SR designation are also allowed.)
* Texas Instruments
* TI-30X A or (TI 30Xa)
* TI-30X IIS
* TI-30X IIB
* TI-36X Solar

What if you have an old school calculator that only does basic math (+, -, x, /)? Would they allow that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom