end user agreements

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITS NOT ILLIEAGUAL in canada i havent broken any laws. P2P is permited here.

You don't seem to understand.

P2P is an activity......... And it is legal EVERYWHERE.

D/ling copy writed material is illegal......it It's stealing! You're getting *****ed at for that, not using the P2P program.

You didnt even read the links i put up I see, as it clealy says this. You won't get busted by the RCMP, but Rogers has every right to cut you off because of it.

Trying to fight this is going to screw you over. Stop d/l 100Gigs a month and they'll go away.

But let us know how it goes.

no its completely diferent from that because software isnt a phisical thing
Physical, no. Illegal, yes. It is called "intellectual property" and it does have ownership.

If you go to court, I wouldn't pull out that remark.

Gee ever wonder why i stopped using public trackers....

Using P2P is not illegal. Getting content from it that is copyrighted, or pay per use software (Games, Software, Music) is ILLEGAL. Even in Canada.

If you were getting a Linux Distro you would not have gotten this letter. But since you are downloading material that is copyrighted and software that must be purchased that is what makes it illegal.

I highly suggest you learn about what makes downloading stuff like this illegal. Cause your statment will not hold up in court. If it contains a crack or serial or anything that can be used to bypass the protections put in place by the vendors then it is illegal. Use it or not. Having it included with the software and downloading it gives them every right to stop yoru service.

Dude, it doesn't matter if you own the game - it's still illegal to download cracked software. That's like saying I can go steal a Ferrari just because I already own a Ferrari (I actually don't, but you get the idea).

lol... Yeah because those things are directly comparable... ;)

one of my friends got a letter from charter saying they saw him downloading "stuff" from the torrents. and it is now a year later still downloading. they haven't done anything, but i'm not saying that they wont just they haven't done anything yet.

especialy with having used 80gb last month.
Don't believe in doing it halfway, huh?

Even in my heaviest Dl days I never approached that amount. 30 gig, maybe once. But 80...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom